Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.0 Barn Find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
zoomazoomzoom
Hello everyone, newbie here so apologize for the mistakes in advance.

I have what I believe to be a 73-76 914 2.0 Motor and 5 speed. I need to identify what it is for sure and then am curious as to what it's current value might be as I no longer intend to use it as I had once hoped and am interested in putting it up for sale. I am unsure as to the state of the motor and trans at this point.

Located in Salt Lake City, Utah

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thank you
IronHillRestorations
Based on what I'm seeing in the pictures, your buyer is someone who wants an engine to rebuild or someone who wants to part it out to try and make some money. There's so much that could be wrong, and not visible in photos. $200-$500 but that's a stretch
mtndawg
Looks like1.8 heat exchangers.
type2man
1975-1976 engine because of the triangle exhaust. Looks like it has 2.0 heads. If the heads are good $200-$400. The cylinder tins on the heads go for around $100-$150. The rest is a mystery. If it turns freely, to the right person $700-$1000
mepstein
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 30 2019, 02:27 PM) *

Based on what I'm seeing in the pictures, your buyer is someone who wants an engine to rebuild or someone who wants to part it out to try and make some money. There's so much that could be wrong, and not visible in photos. $200-$500 but that's a stretch

agree.gif ‘75-76 core parts.
mtndawg
Post a photo of the SN printed on the block and someone can identify if it’s a 2.0l motor. It should be next to the oil filler.
zoomazoomzoom
Thank you everyone for your input so far. I'll find the SN and get a pic as soon as I can!
euro911
Looks like the left bank's head is a 75/76 with the air injection ports crimped. The right side looks to be from a 73/74.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 30 2019, 10:46 PM) *

Looks like the left bank's head is a 75/76 with the air injection ports crimped. The right side looks to be from a 73/74.

av-943.gif

You gotta love the lengths people went to back in the day to keep these buggers running before the Internet and FedEX made it so easy to get parts from anywhere in the world!

@euro911
Good Eye!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.