Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: center console clock solution at last
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We have finally made a clock to match the center console volt meter, oil temp gauge, and optional (for us ) oil pressure gauge. These are perfect fit center console size not the aftermarket smaller ones. Clock is 49.50 introductory price for club members. How many are interested?

We will now have a complete console package
factory duplicate center console
three factory look gauges
console heater switch
wiring harness (thank you Jeff Bowlsby)Click to view attachment
BPic
YES PLEASE!!!
Minerva's 914
Yes interested, I was just about to send mine in for rehab.

Bargain!

How much for the whole shebang?
914Sixer
GREAT BARGAIN !!!!. NHS is charging STUPID price to repair the old ones.
StratPlayer
Interested
Coondog
2 years to late for me, had to go another direction. Good news is you should sell a lot of these.
914werke
sign me up I need one
drem914
interested. I have two factory original that don't work.
rjames
I’m in (and already wondering if I can swap faces on it with my original clock face so it says vdo on it)
jtf914
Interested.
rgolia
Me too
Steve
Me too
Front yard mechanic
Not me I can't tell time
tvdinnerbythepool
I'm in!
porsche914gt
oh hell yes
scottthephotog
Wow. These look amazing. Definitely interested in one.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
ok I will put together a link and all who are interested can order, obviously as usual you will not be charged until the part is on the dock and ready to ship
fiacra
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Sep 30 2019, 04:02 PM) *

Yes interested, I was just about to send mine in for rehab.

Bargain!

How much for the whole shebang?

" @dr914 @autoatlanta.com" George, I have the same question... how much for the whole package? (console, harness (?), gauges). I'd love to add this to my car.
Mikey914
Got the harnesses in stock that if George needs them we can provide. Later cars these plug right in.

Could discount some for GB and can ship to AA or drop ship
914werke
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 1 2019, 12:43 PM) *
Got the harnesses in stock that if George needs them we can provide. Later cars these plug right in. Could discount some for GB and can ship to AA or drop ship

dry.gif Mark if I read George's post correctly it looks as though our own Jeff B is providing the harnesses confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
here is a link to get on the list

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Reprodu...1464111910.html
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the complete package, console, harness, console heater switch lever, volt, temp, clock, three rubber wedge boots, 495.00. (sending unit for temp, sending unit plate, and oil pressure gauge, extension hose or sending unit for oil pressure optional (one can substitute the oil pressure gauge for one of the other gauges however
914werke
Does it include the little plastic lever surround & lighted indicator? idea.gif
drem914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 1 2019, 11:09 AM) *

ok I will put together a link and all who are interested can order, obviously as usual you will not be charged until the part is on the dock and ready to ship

Does the clock just plug in to the old harness attachment point or is a new harness required to replace the clock. Is the harness for those that did not have the center console in the first place? I am a bit confused confused24.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 1 2019, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 1 2019, 12:43 PM) *
Got the harnesses in stock that if George needs them we can provide. Later cars these plug right in. Could discount some for GB and can ship to AA or drop ship

dry.gif Mark if I read George's post correctly it looks as though our own Jeff B is providing the harnesses confused24.gif

Sorry missed it,
You can see it now that you pointed it out, but wit was on the picture side.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Jeff's harness just plugs into this clock, and the short harness then plugs into the main wiring harness located under the center tunnel carpet (on all 73-76 models). For the earlier cars we include a schematic showing where to tap the 70-72 wiring harness in the correct places to power the console gauges (like the brake pedal switch for one place!!)

QUOTE(drem914 @ Oct 1 2019, 03:33 PM) *

Does the clock just plug in to the old harness attachment point or is a new harness required to replace the clock. Is the harness for those that did not have the center console in the first place? I am a bit confused confused24.gif

rjames
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 2 2019, 07:07 AM) *

Jeff's harness just plugs into this clock, and the short harness then plugs into the main wiring harness located under the center tunnel carpet (on all 73-76 models). For the earlier cars we include a schematic showing where to tap the 70-72 wiring harness in the correct places to power the console gauges (like the brake pedal switch for one place!!)

I'm still confused. Maybe it's because I haven't had my morning coffee yet.
I have a later '75 car that already as a connected center console. Will the clock plug right in to my existing wiring, or do I need to buy another harness to make this work?
914werke
As I understand it these are reproductions. Clock, harness, console...
George?
Mikey914
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 2 2019, 09:55 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 2 2019, 07:07 AM) *

I'm still confused. Maybe it's because I haven't had my morning coffee yet.
I have a later '75 car that already as a connected center console. Will the clock plug right in to my existing wiring, or do I need to buy another harness to make this work?

I'm assuming these are like the factory so they should plug right into the factory harness.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes all are reproductions. We made our factory console from the original aluminum cutting boards, but it has thicker wood also factory match material and real stitching rather than heat seamed like the original

QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 2 2019, 11:11 AM) *

As I understand it these are reproductions. Clock, harness, console...
George?

rjames
George, what is the status on these?
914werke
The link is to a store item not a list?
Is this a pre-payment?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
absolutely not, just a pre order then when on the dock with a tracking number we charge
due in before the end of the year, many of them

QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 16 2019, 10:12 AM) *

The link is to a store item not a list?
Is this a pre-payment?

TonyA
Interested if it will plug into an original harness. Should have had the hands saying 9:14
914werke
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 09:21 AM) *
absolutely not, just a pre order then when on the dock with a tracking number we charge due in before the end of the year, many of them
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 16 2019, 10:12 AM) *
The link is to a store item not a list? Is this a pre-payment?

EOY is fast approaching dry.gif Any update?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes original harness will work with the clock, still drumming up enough money to pay for the 100 I have to order!!!
QUOTE(TonyA @ Oct 16 2019, 01:28 PM) *

Interested if it will plug into an original harness. Should have had the hands saying 9:14

rjames
I received mine a while back and am pretty happy with it. Although it is not an exact match- the bezel is slightly different and of course it doesn't say 'vdo' on the gauge face. Also the connector on the stock harness for the light does not fit, so modification is necessary if you want the gauge to light up.

I will probably swap the bezel out for the one on my non-working clock as it bugs me whenever I look at it.

All that said, it does look very good and is still ticking.
Appreciate this product being provided.
914werke
HUH? @rjames So these are shipping? What am I missing? If I read/interpret Georges response
correctly hes got no stock and is sitting on orders prior to ordering....
Coondog
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 5 2019, 02:12 PM) *

HUH? So these are shipping? What am I missing? If I read/interpret Georges response

I heard this same story from AA 2 plus years ago. Got tired of waiting and moved on. mad.gif
914werke
I just went back to the beginning of this thread & NO where is it indicated that this "deal" was contingent ...on anything
rjames

HUH? @rjames So these are shipping? What am I missing? If I read/interpret Georges response

confused24.gif
That's how I read it too. I was wary of placing the order (did so in october I think) given my past experience with AA and was going to cancel it since I hadn't heard anything for a while, and then it showed up.
Maybe the only ones produced were the ones pictured in the first post and I got one of them. unsure.gif
914werke
Right. I equally order one on the 18th of October.
Thats why I'm surprised.
rjames
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 5 2019, 04:12 PM) *

Right. I equally order one on the 18th of October.
Thats why I'm surprised.

But are you really? chair.gif
I'm more surprised that I received one. rolleyes.gif
Mikey914
So George
How many would I have to buy to make this happen?

Perhaps we can find a way to work together to make this hapen.

Mark
PS PM me specifics biggrin.gif still waiting on the info for the rings on these too.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
do not be wary james, we never charge until the product is on the dock with a tracking number, They are being produced, same guy who makes 356 clocks for someone else. We got in only 30 and sold them all ahead of time some with our console package. It was very very important to have the clock made as original looking as possible and was the last link to having a complete package.

Appearance group center console in the exact sizing as the original
bent heater control lever
console wiring harness (thank you Craig)
volt meter
temp gauge
rubber sleeves for the gauges
console heater lever surround bezel
and finally the clock

QUOTE(rjames @ Dec 5 2019, 04:42 PM) *

confused24.gif
That's how I read it too. I was wary of placing the order (did so in october I think) given my past experience with AA and was going to cancel it since I hadn't heard anything for a while, and then it showed up.
Maybe the only ones produced were the ones pictured in the first post and I got one of them. unsure.gif

jsaum
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 2 2019, 06:07 AM) *

Can I get the wiring schematic with purchase of just the clock?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
everything is a direct plug in.

Funny, when I was a kid, just loved the center console in a 914 gave it a nice vertical dimension and a luxurious look and feel. NOW in my old age, I just love the simplicity of the center tray and cushion and sea to shining sea (I mean rocker panel) emptiness and massive foot and leg room

QUOTE(jsaum @ Dec 7 2019, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 2 2019, 06:07 AM) *

Can I get the wiring schematic with purchase of just the clock?

914werke
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 5 2019, 10:05 AM) *
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 09:21 AM) *
due in before the end of the year
EOY is fast approaching dry.gif Any update?
Back to my orig. question ...will these be available before EOY? blink.gif
rjames
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 7 2019, 12:16 PM) *

everything is a direct plug in.

The clock’s light is not a direct plugin on my ‘75.
914werke
Hey George confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.