Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's play "Hot or Not"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I found this while browsing Ebay...it is not really my taste, but I think the body turned out real nice, the way the bumpers are integrated. I give it 8 out of 10.

Here is the link:
Yellow 914-G on Ebay

user posted image
skline
Well, from the picture you posted, it looks very nice. I too like the bumpers molded in, very clean looking.
Mueller
icon8.gif

don't like it......the lack of any openings or items on/in the front bumper looks half-assed...too much yellow on the rear bumper, needs something to break it up....car would be really, really nice with chrome bumpers

the engine compartment looks terrible with all the goofy colors and badging on the airfilter........

you opinion might differ, hahahaha
Ferg
I'm not to fond of it either, but I think a change of rockers would do it a world of good. wink.gif
Ferg
Lou W
I like the car, but don't care for the molded-in bumpers and the steering wheel, chrome bumpers would really tie it all together smile.gif
Jenny
agree.gif The steering wheel looks like it was pulled off of a clown car.

Jen clown.gif honk! honk!
URY914
Don't let Sir Andy hear that about the bondo'd bumpers. biggrin.gif

The parts car I have has 916 bumpers that have been "shaped" into the fenders. Must be a gallon of bondo to do. sad.gif

I'll post some pics when I get them cut off.

Paul
zymurgist
Nice car, overall, but I would have done some things differently:

1. The bumpers. I don't care for the integrated look. In the rubber bumper Corvette world (where I spend a lot of my time), this is usually a sign that the car was in a crash, and the owner replaced the proper bumpers with cheap fiberglass replacements and glassed it all into one piece.

2. The steering wheel. Not my taste; too busy with all the colors. It reminds me of the electronic "Simon" game my sister and I used to play with when we were kids. Different strokes for different folks, though.

3. The badges. I like the factory look (number, location, etc.) when it comes to badges. And please don't plate them in gold. Sometimes less truly is more.

4. The air cleaner. I think I would have used 914/6 type air cleaners instead of the big one. (That's the same piece I have on my MFI engine.) You can see the engine better in a 914/6 without the air cleaner that covers the whole top of the engine. If I had a 6, I'd want to show it off.

Like I said, I do like the car overall. On my list, only the bumpers would be difficult or expensive to change. I wonder about the engine... 2.2 litre? T-spec, S-spec, what? I have a 2.4 litre "S" spec motor in my 911, and that car goes like stink.

I seem to remember this dealer had a really nice orange 911 when I was in the market a few years ago... more original than mine, but a "T" built to "T" specs instead of a hot rod.
ClayPerrine
The factory air cleaner on a six looks just like the one on an MFI motor, and it uses the same. Most people pull the factory one and put separate K&N units on to replace it.

That air filter is factory.
zymurgist
Oh, OK then. I'd seen so many sixes with the separate filters that I ASSuMEd that they came from the factory that way. Nonetheless, I'd still rather use them than the single filter because more of the engine is visible.

I think the single air filter looks better in black, anyway.
Joe Ricard
HOT

that would look cool blasting through cones! driving.gif
Joe Bob
BAD....Those joints will crack in a NY minute....looks as if a rasta farted on the steering wheel.....armor all from hell on the seats....

GUD....Original 914 VIN.....ummmm, looks gud slammed, but the then the joints will open sooner.....ummmm, decent BIN price, dependent on rust under the glass and bondo.
URY914
Don't like it.
Trying too hard to be somethin' it ain't.

Paul
Hawktel
The front bumper needs to have some driving lights.

I hate it when people try to intergrate the exterior colour into the interior. He it had black seats and a nice black steering wheel, it wouldn't be half bad.

I don't like the Rocker panels. I'd run them the body color, and I don't like sail panel vynal. Thats all personal taste.

But other than that its a nice looking ride. I like the ride's over all look, and the yellow targa is a nice option.

I'd drive it. After I replaced that horrifying steering wheel.
TravisNeff
I think it is OK. I like the OE bumpers better, but the profile shot of the integrated bumpers looks good. Little things that could be changed, either the top being black or getting rid of the vinyl - either one. Rockers, if they were all black, all yellow or OE stampings.

Once you get to the interior, hold on! that benetton wheel makes me feel like I need to wear a skirt. I don't care for the yellow inserts too much. All that stuff is changeable and overall looks like a pretty nice car.
TravisNeff
I think it is OK. I like the OE bumpers better, but the profile shot of the integrated bumpers looks good. Little things that could be changed, either the top being black or getting rid of the vinyl - either one. Rockers, if they were all black, all yellow or OE stampings.

Once you get to the interior, hold on! that benetton wheel makes me feel like I need to wear a skirt. I don't care for the yellow inserts too much. All that stuff is changeable and overall looks like a pretty nice car.
tat2dphreak
I wish I could get to ebay from work... but judging by the 1 picture, I like it... pretty slick!
Mueller
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 30 2005, 10:56 AM)
agree.gif The steering wheel looks like it was pulled off of a clown car.

Jen clown.gif honk! honk!

I'm waiting for Ronald McDonald to come climbing out of it smile.gif

Qarl
I think he needs a few more shots from different angles.... Like maybe only rotating the camera only 5 degrees between shots, instead of 10 degrees!

sheez!

william harris
barf.gif
zymurgist
More engine shots and a few hell hole shots would be nice, too.
grantsfo
He forgot to paint this on the front trunk!

user posted image
Eric Taylor
For me the fact that it is a factory six is dissapointing. I hate to see such an already rare car customized. However it it were a conversion car, I kinda like the idea of the body, but I would get rid of the sail panel vinyl, and probably paint the rockers yellow. The interior needs to go back to stock in my opinion. One thing I do really hate though is when people over badge cars. The one that kills me is the rear 914-6 badge stuck on the air cleaner for the motor, why would you do that?
Eric
Porsche Rescue
Gone at near $18K!
Joe Bob
Bet the steering wheel will be next up for sale...unless the guy has no taste.
Bleyseng
NOT! barf.gif
nickg
those bumpers are not correct for a 914-6 flipa.gif sheeplove.gif
Joe Bob
Who pissed in yer cheerios Nick????

Go back to the classifieds...
DuckRyder
I don't like it, the bumpers, interior and engine compartment ruin it.

I echo most of the complaints already posted, but I do like the Steering Wheel.

But most people won't get it.
tdgray
18K Holy WTF Batman ohmy.gif

Too bad, sixer. some people are idjts dry.gif
SLITS
user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.