Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: check out this bondo bucket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=WDVW

the price that dealers try tto get barf.gif

the bondo that had to be put on this thing to "integrate " the bumpers. cool_shades.gif
messix
and the steering wheel says it all barf.gif
Root_Werks
idea.gif This car looks familiar? Hasn't this thing been on ebay before? idea.gif
Rusty
Actually, it looks pretty clean. The rockers aren't to my taste and the air cleaner painted to match engine tin is a bit ricey for me. The steering wheel isn't "classic Porsche" but it does look like the person that selected it did so because it looked fun.

But the paint seems clean, the body panel gaps look good. Engine compartments and trunks are clean.

Someone loved this car.
Rand
I kinda like the look of the integrated bumpers... especially the rear.
It would be sad if it was just done with a ton of bondo, but if done right... hmm.
Scott S
No more bondo than those who put on glass flares. Mine was done by the PO using fiberglass and then a skim coat to fill air bubbles.

That steering wheel was pricey in it's day. It was the Benneton model. Momo made one too.

The only problem with those bumpers is the same problem I had when I bought my car - none of the openings are cut. I hated the look of all of that one color mass on the front end. It was a bitch to mount fog lights and to get the grill opening open and filled. I still dont get the airflow I want for the GT cooler set up.

As far as the rear goes, I recently learned a little something about the 916 bumper - it traps heat. I cut mine open on both sides for the new dual exhaust and my car actually cools off when not under load. I used to work it up in the hills and see 215 degrees. It seemed to take forever to cool back down. Last week it dropped 10 degrees in less than 2-3 minutes. I was shocked.

If it's not rusty, it looks like a neat car. Needs flares....... wink.gif
mikey
OH GOD!! My eyes! Who would do such a thing to an original 6??
tod914
I can't believe he left the door panels black huh.gif
Joe Bob
Needs stickers... dry.gif
rhodyguy
weird bid history screwy.gif . $12,500 to $17,975 in 4 bids. right into the buy it now price. i don't get it.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.