Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size bolts to attach the rain tray?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
In my quest to add a little LESS noise to my car, (and add a little rain protection when I drive 2000 miles in March to go to Amelia Island) I am swapping my cooler looking GT lid for the stocker with the rain tray. I even have added the engine side (modern) firewall mat from 914Rubber.

What size bolts or screws attach the rain tray to the engine lid?
Click to view attachment

Zach
bdstone914
6mm.
I like allen head screws. Easier to install if you use masking tape to the screw head and alken wtench.
VaccaRabite
Not as cool but it looks pretty good.
And there is significantly less in-cabin noise now. Mostly all exhaust note.
I need to buy the funnels and hoses (which I’m pretty sure 914Rubber has.)
Click to view attachment

This may be the first time since the day I bought the car (14 years ago tomorrow - holy shit!) that the thing has had a rain tray.

Zach
Mikey914
Too late I didn't see this Zach,
I'd be happy to throw in some hardware when you order the funnels if you still need.

-Mark
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 3 2019, 05:14 PM) *

In my quest to add a little LESS noise to my car, (and add a little rain protection when I drive 2000 miles in March to go to Amelia Island) I am swapping my cooler looking GT lid for the stocker with the rain tray. I even have added the engine side (modern) firewall mat from 914Rubber.

Click to view attachment

Zach

Do you want to sell the GT lid? I need one for Igor....
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 4 2019, 12:27 PM) *

I'd be happy to throw in some hardware when you order the funnels if you still need.

-Mark

Hardware is taken care of but yeah I’m going to need the tunnels and hoses. @mikey914
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 4 2019, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 3 2019, 05:14 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Zach

Do you want to sell the GT lid? I need one for Igor....

Not ready to sell it yet. I may want it back on in the summer.

Zach
mepstein
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 8 2019, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 4 2019, 12:27 PM) *

-Mark

Hardware is taken care of but yeah I’m going to need the tunnels and hoses. @mikey914

If you need the spring clamps that secure the funnels to the hose, PM me. I got you covered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.