Hate when that happens.

914_7T3
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 8 2019, 11:16 AM) *

screwy.gif popcorn[1].gif

Double Post
914_7T3

Why is Larmo parked on the lawn in your pic?

av-943.gif
drem914
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Oct 8 2019, 02:33 PM) *

Why is Larmo parked on the lawn in your pic?

av-943.gif

The tires aren't allowed to touch the pavement when the car is not in use. It must always be concourse presentation ready.
Larmo63
"Spitwads at a battleship!"
drem914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 8 2019, 03:49 PM) *

No, were just jealous. It will now be that much harder to keep up with you on those drives. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(drem914 @ Oct 8 2019, 08:45 PM) *

No, were just jealous. It will now be that much harder to keep up with you on those drives. beerchug.gif

Except in the corners... happy11.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 9 2019, 04:28 AM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Oct 8 2019, 08:45 PM) *

Except in the corners... happy11.gif

Rick,
I don't think either of us would have problems keeping up with him on a straight, and we can definitely leave him in the corners. driving.gif

Clay
jim_hoyland
Got to see Larmo's SC today in Sunset Beach; great looking car in immaculate condition.. smile.gif
sixnotfour
drunk.gif KMA.gif bootyshake.gif blink.gif cheer.gif chair.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif drooley.gif idea.gif lol-2.gif sheeplove.gif poke.gif sawzall-smiley.gif rolleyes.gif stirthepot.gif av-943.gif santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif So Many Emotions...
@MoveQik
ClayPerrine
Two words for you Dude..

Donor Car!

poke.gif

RickS
Welcome to the dark side. Vehicle dynamics seriously dictate slow in and fast out. These cars can rotate easily with just a prod of the throttle at the right or wrong time. Take it out in the wet and take a 90* corner at 20 MPH and just before the apex, punch it and prepare to spin. Just make sure there is nothing you can hit. Now goose it coming off the apex and feel the difference.

Very different driving styles and levels of comfort. I can drive my SC 600 miles in a day and feel fine. 300 in a 914 is just about the limit. Refined versus raw. There is a place for each.

Enjoy your new ride. It looks awesome.

dcheek
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 7 2019, 01:11 PM) *

YUP beerchug.gif Been driving a 914-6 again

Jon,

Glad to see you are back in the 914 fold. Your old car has been completely redone and is in very good hands. This is a picture of the "Phoenix" in all its glory.

Click to view attachment

Dave
MoveQik
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 14 2019, 09:56 PM) *

drunk.gif KMA.gif bootyshake.gif blink.gif cheer.gif chair.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif drooley.gif idea.gif lol-2.gif sheeplove.gif poke.gif sawzall-smiley.gif rolleyes.gif stirthepot.gif av-943.gif santa_smiley.gif santa_smiley.gif So Many Emotions...
@MoveQik

Wait...what did I miss??
sixnotfour
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 10 2020, 07:54 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 14 2019, 09:56 PM) *

@MoveQik

Wait...what did I miss??

A Trade...winner /loser or both Winners slap.gif
whitetwinturbo
.................hum, some of the faithful are going green smoke.gif
RickS
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Mar 13 2020, 06:24 PM) *

.................hum, some of the faithful are going green smoke.gif

And seeing red.

Click to view attachment

Really enjoy the SC which has been extensively modified. But I love my 914-6 conversion. Yeah the 914 is so raw in comparison but the car is so fun and corners on rails which the 82 could never approach. They both have the same engine 3.0 but the 914 feels faster, probably because of proximity to the ground. But for long haul, comfort and sheer terror at the limit, the 911 wins. They each have their attributes but if push comes to shove, I will keep the 914 any day of the week.

And OP enjoy your new ride. They are indeed marvelous cars, and I mean it. Change and variety are good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.