Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shout out to the man! Oscar!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
@valcooscar

Just got home from a long weekend away and I find I’ve gotten a gift from Oscar. I really appreciate your kindness and spirit of 914ism.
ndfrigi
yup kindness is in his heart and even from his family!
wes
Oscar is definitely a standup guy and I think a plus for the 914 community/world. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Cairo94507
Absolutely agree. beerchug.gif
falcor75
+2 here. Going out of his way to spread a bit of joy. The man deserves all good things.
sb914
Oscar’s a special breed for sure!
It’s WAY Beyond his generosity.
He is CARING and KIND .My sister recently had a stroke and is in really bad shape and I’m a wreck .
Oscar has been there for me more than my lifetime friends.
Encouraging me and giving me hope. Guiding me with advice. He is as genuine as they come . Thank you Oscar ! grouphug.gif I can’t thank you enough!
ValcoOscar
Thanks Rob...glad they arrived safely.

Enjoy!!!

Two more are en route oversees and mid-west!!!

beerchug.gif

Oscar
MM1
Here's to Oscar - You, Sir, are a gentleman and a (914) scholar!

beerchug.gif
poorsche914
agree.gif with the above comments.
He sent me a gift as well... just because smile.gif

Thanks!
steve

driving.gif
FlacaProductions
I'm still kinda new here and even I have figured out that Oscar is the real deal.
71six
Agree 100% with the kudos too! Wonderful person and a great asset to the 914 community.
falcor75
I got my package today, stoked about the selection of key fobs! beerchug.gif wub.gif

Thank you Oscar pray.gif
76-914
Oscar is like the 914 Saint looking over us and doing a lot of good for many of us. pray.gif He's been a good friend to me in the short time that I've known him. I think a lot of you can say the same. You'd have made a good Mason Oscar. beerchug.gif
AZBanks
I just have to jump in here and say Oscar cost me a bunch of money... poke.gif

Because of Oscar, I'm out somewhere around a Grand. hissyfit.gif

So here's the story, a while back I started a thread about the project 914 my oldest son and I are building.
Just a typical build thread. AKA, I bought a non-running 914 and it is going to be found on jack stands by paleontologists in the year 2002019.

A couple days later on a Friday the trouble starts. I get a PM from Oscar offering me a free transmission for the project. The nerve of that guy offering me a free transmission. screwy.gif
The real trouble starts when he says I can have it if I pick it up at his house. So I walk into the other room and tell my wife that I will be gone the next day(Saturday) as I have to drive to LA to pick up a transmission. Whoo Hoo, Road Trip, I live in Phoenix. driving.gif

Although they had never met, I think my wife and Oscar were in cahoots. confused24.gif
My wife, being of sharp mind and good memory says, to me, "Remember a couple weeks ago when we talked about taking the boys out to Universal Studios? If you are going out to LA, why don't we all go and spend a day at Universal Studios."

So next thing you know, my "free transmission" is costing me hotel, food, and five tickets to Universal Studios. There is no such thing as a free lunch or free transmission.

I hope the smiley's clued you all in that this story was all in good fun. I think the trip did end up costing around a grand all told but it was money very well spent.

My wife, boys and I had a great trip, we had a blast at Universal Studios, we did get a free transmission that is very greatly appreciated, and we got to spend some time with the man himself. We hung out at Oscar's house for a while checking out his cars and his GARAGE! I put that in CAPS because I am so jealous. He has a great garage.

I recently bought a harness bar from him and it came with some surprise gifts. My son will be carry around the 914 keys on the key fob but I am keeping the hat. Thanks Oscar!!

He truly is a great guy. All of us in the 914 community are blessed to have him and I am honored to know him.

Oscar -> first.gif

sixnotfour
agree.gif beerchug.gif flag.gif first.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 7 2019, 10:00 AM) *

Thanks Rob...glad they arrived safely.

Enjoy!!!

Two more are en route oversees and mid-west!!!

beerchug.gif

Oscar

Well, as they say, nothing free is ever really free...

My wife claimed the Porsche crest key fob. I asked what that was for? She said “Macan GTS.” I said, sell your Bimmer... she grinned.
flmont
+ 1 on all the above beerchug.gif
whitetwinturbo
..........+100% first.gif first.gif first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.