Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ? other Dad and Moms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
You ready for school to start back up yet. wacko.gif wacko.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif The boys are driving me nuts Dad why didnt you do this Dad why didnt you do that, Take me here, take me there. Give me money for this and that.. How long can this break be??? Yack.gif slap.gif I think my wife is a saint to put up with them all week I just have my days off. blink.gif
jr91472
you know, now that you mention it...I 've noticed my wife drinking alot more lately headbang.gif mad.gif headbang.gif mad.gif chair.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif barf.gif
Scott
Mine are in either summer school, preschool or daycare I have 3,... 5 yrs, 3 yrs and 1 yr). I'm covered from 9 when I drop them off til 5 when I pick them up.

But then there are the honey do lists from my wife. Now those drive me nuts.
TravisNeff
My 2 year old daughter follows me around and chants, dad, dad, dad. Like a parrot, lol. I say "what Hannah? and she looks around and does, dad, dad, dad.

It's ok if I keep busy, but soon as I sit down she is going she let's me have it.
SpecialK
Just moved my Daughter (21 tomorrow) into her new apartment smilie_pokal.gif , one down....one to go! beerchug.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jun 30 2005, 05:25 PM)
Just moved my Daughter (21 tomorrow) into her new apartment smilie_pokal.gif , one down....one to go! beerchug.gif

My youngest pooped in the potty for the first time today. smilie_pokal.gif That's almost the same thing. w00t.gif monkeydance.gif chairfall.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jun 30 2005, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jun 30 2005, 05:25 PM)
Just moved my Daughter (21 tomorrow) into her new apartment  :trophy: , one down....one to go! beerchug.gif

My youngest pooped in the potty for the first time today. smilie_pokal.gif That's almost the same thing. w00t.gif monkeydance.gif chairfall.gif

It's progress! Congratulations! Have a beer (or three) on me! beer.gif
rick 918-S
I have two 18 year old kids sleeping til when ever. That bugs me the most. dry.gif I dislike slackers. I had the entire band and their girl friends here all night, (girls and boys in separate rooms over night!) It was quiet most of the day, but the band is back at it again.... Well, atleast I know where my children are. and the nieghbors kids, and the kids from across town, and oh ya the kids who stayed here last night from half way across the state...

Got to go grocery shopping now...... wacko.gif My wallet hurts. And who took the last Coca Cola! mad.gif
914-4-2
I've been a stay a home DAD for 4 years this September our kids are now 4 and 2, I love spending time with them and influencing them to love the right things(PORSCHE, 914's). But nw that the kids aon the street are off school bed time seems to be getting later and later, so yes I am ready for school to start again, I want my time back to do my own stuff(surf this web site).
SpecialK
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jun 30 2005, 02:38 PM)
I have two 18 year old kids sleeping til when ever. That bugs me the most. dry.gif I dislike slackers. I had the entire band and their girl friends here all night, (girls and boys in separate rooms over night!) It was quiet most of the day, but the band is back at it again.... Well, atleast I know where my children are. and the nieghbors kids, and the kids from across town, and oh ya the kids who stayed here last night from half way across the state...

Got to go grocery shopping now...... wacko.gif My wallet hurts. And who took the last Coca Cola! mad.gif

I hear ya Rick.....17 yr. old guitar playin boy (chicks dig it wub.gif ) still living here, and a steady stream of ball cap and baggy pants wearing boys, and belly ring wearing girls coming up and down the stairs.... wacko.gif
Joe Bob
I hide out at work.... cool_shades.gif
djm914-6
I'm newly unemployed and my studio was built into a corner of their new playroom. Now I know why my wife like to do her errands at night. I love my boys, but damn they can be trying!
type47
yea rick. the kids get up "at the crack of noon" biggrin.gif
mikelsr
Just wait until they are gone. sigh... My son is 30 and lives in NJ but is coming back this summer to find work here. My daughter is 28 and lives in Germany and has another 3 years on her contract. It is nice when they are gone but it is even better when they are near.

Sure you will have some tough times, but spend as much time with them as you can because one day they will be gone and you may not see them for months and months or years and years.

Signed a Dad who misses his kids.

Mike
ovilla
I use to think that my son was the wild one and then we had a daughter. Oh man! She talks every waking moment of the day and thinks that by saying "Please" a billion times that she'll get her way. She's only 4 and already a drama queen. What's it going to be like when she's in her teens? Well, at least she knows how to say Porsche correctly and she loves cruising around in the teener. She's even asked if she can have it. Anyway, I love being a dad.
bmcwilli
My 12 year old daughter hangs on me like moss. I bugs me sometimes, 'cause I'd just like a little time to myself, but I have friends who's teen daughters have already blwon their dads off.

These guys would trade places with me in a heartbeat.

II have good realtionships and good communication with both my teenage girls. We talk about stuff that matters, and have a lot of laughs. My girls each have their own lawnmower and they take care of the 4 acres of lawn. They like my cars and the 12 year old wants an Elise!

Yss we have our moments, but both of them know that NO means NO, though it may take awhile before they give in. Most big blow ups we have had, if I am honest, I can take the blame for. Sure they push my buttons, but I should be able to deal with that.

Rick..you da man, having those kids over all the time. They won't forget it, and I bet for a few of them, your house is more home, with more love, than they get at the house where they live.

Oh and one other thing...the sleeping late bugs me too, but they are up all night, and at this age they really DO need 10 or so hours sleep a day. They are growing like weeds!

It's gonna be real silent aronnd the house when they're all gone. That's what worrise me most, when my girls go, it's just the wife and me, and the wife and I have poured it all into the kids. We better get to know and like each other again before the girls leave!

ENJOY YOUR KIDS! It's your job. They didn't ask to brought into this world.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.