Minerva's 914
Click to view attachment
Garland
beerchug.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Oct 7 2019, 06:10 PM) *

Confusion reigns here, how did the story I composed for my Bluegrass Region PCA club newsletter get sliced and diced and appear in a publication I've never seen before? There was no continuity with the parts I composed and the other parts inserted that were not credited to other authors. As a retired photographer I'm very well acquainted with copyright law, having successfully prosecuted 3 national publications in Federal Courts in the past. I need some answers about the acquisition of my club contribution and how the publication of my composition was accomplished without my knowledge or permission. confused24.gif
JFJ914
Excellent!!!!! Really good job. first.gif
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Oct 8 2019, 11:21 AM) *

Confusion reigns here, how did the story I composed for my Bluegrass Region PCA club newsletter get sliced and diced and appear in a publication I've never seen before? There was no continuity with the parts I composed and the other parts inserted that were not credited to other authors. As a retired photographer I'm very well acquainted with copyright law, having successfully prosecuted 3 national publications in Federal Courts in the past. I need some answers about the acquisition of my club contribution and how the publication of my composition was accomplished without my knowledge or permission. confused24.gif

Jamie, here is a screen shot of the email you sent to me with the story attached.

Click to view attachment

Not sure what happened either, idea.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Oct 8 2019, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Oct 8 2019, 11:21 AM) *

Jamie, here is a screen shot of the email you sent to me with the story attached.

Click to view attachment

Not sure what happened either, idea.gif

I didn't recall sending the story to you, and was just surprised to see it in print before my own club newsletter was out. I am an active supporter of intellectual property rights, and have no reason to charge you with infringement, was just caught off guard seeing it in an unknown publication before the publication for which it was composed. unsure.gif
Minerva's 914
I didn't recall sending the story to you, and was just surprised to see it in print before my own club newsletter was out. I am an active supporter of intellectual property rights, and have no reason to charge you with infringement, was just caught off guard seeing it in an unknown publication before the publication for which it was composed. unsure.gif

Yeah, it was made worse when the article I wrote got edited down to the one in print, which unfortunately removed the credits and overall flow of what I wrote, but the editors are all volunteers not professionals so I will cut them some slack I guess. Their intentions are good
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.