Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa rubber on body - top of roll bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Thoughts on how to stick this back down?

To help with orientation - this is the top center of the targa roll bar - forward piece.
View is from standing next to the battery looking toward the steering wheel.

Click to view attachment

ConeDodger
914Rubber is working on it.

@Mikey914
Steve
Could remove it and try to repair it. Looks like someone tried to pry it off
raynekat
Don't believe that will stick back down easily.

Looks like your vinyl and underlying foam as all been distorted in the area?

You might need a replacement or at least a good restoration of that trim piece for it to look nice.
Mikey914
The foam has lifted not much you can do. I have the AA ones in stock and as Rob noted we are working on the correct textured ones. We just have one very big project that we will be dropping in about a week. As soon as it's wrapped up we can do these.

Mark
FlacaProductions
Thanks all - I'll live with it for now - other things on the list and I'll keep an eye on the progress from 914Rubber - thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you could wet it and then clamp it back into shape. no reason to purchase another one. The ones we make are for people with heavily cracked ones who do not want to pay just dashes 500 plus to redo theirs. (we have their reskinned ones here and although they do a good job, our reproductions are certainly acceptable and inexpensive. We are almost finished with our front hardtop bolsters between the latches and are doing the piece under the visors
FlacaProductions
Wetting it - interesting but I understand - thank you!
ConeDodger
My friend who owns an upholstery shop, put clear silicone in the separation and then wrapped the area with tape. The result is the separation was reduced by about half. If you know my car, you know that is not acceptable. When these come from Mark, there is no way he’ll make the R&D back. This project has been one of his greatest adventures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.