914 novice
giant catfish

Check out this fish!!
rick 918-S
ohmy.gif swimming anyone?
tat2dphreak
w00t.gif chowtime.gif I saw it earlier... insane
DougC
what lb.test line did they use for that thing, seems impossible to me. Maybe got cought in some kind of net? Or a hoaks, besides how did invironmentalist find out about it before it died and was eaten? They even negotiated for it's release? I say BS.

Doug C
spare time toys
I bet they were noodeling aktion035.gif
SpecialK
Now that's big!

We had a guy catch a 128 lb. (blue, IIRC) out of the Mississippi several weeks ago, and it turned out to be a US record......unfortunately, the catfish died in shipping to Cabella's Sporting goods, and the guy that caught it was out on workman's comp for a shoulder injury. His boss wasn't too thrilled to see him hoisting the lunker on the evening news (can you say fired, and WC claim denied!)
tat2dphreak
Trotline the size of tow rope is my guess

if they were noodling, they are brave bastards!!!
jasons
I think they may fish with dynomite there? blink.gif
redshift
McDonald's bought it.

M
Katmanken
Thatsa

Little bigger than the Halibut they catch in Alaska.

Think the record is 540 some lbs.....

I've seen some 300 lb fish on the dock

Ken
Pugbug
Here is the biggest halibut I caught in the commercial fishery.
It was tough to haul aboard by hand.
airsix
Thai fishermen have caught this giant catfish believed to be the world's heaviest living freshwater fish

Say what? There have been fresh-water sturgeon caught that weighed twice that! In the 1950's there was a sturgeon caught in the Fraser River in British Columbia that weighted more than 1,800lb and was over 20ft long. 10 footers are common in the Columbia River along the WA/OR border to this day. I have a client who caught a 9 footer just 2 weeks ago.

-Ben M.
redshift
Here's a picture of a pervert with the biggest fist he ever caught.

user posted image

Pathetic.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.