Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 TD at the autocross....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PatrickB
Installed new Bilsteins and 150 lb Eibach springs on RSR adjustable mounts. After reading lots of threads here, tried disconnecting the back swaybar for the last event of the season. Not sure if it's the right move, still getting some body roll. Car has a front swaybar that's stock (I think). Pictures were taken by someone at the track that took pictures of most of the cars there. Thoughts on body roll? too much? Other cars that were faster had more roll...
BTW 350 treadwear tires are currently the limiting factor in how fast we get around the track.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=715
338]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Justinp71
You can compare with this video if you want, I was the second fastest street car on new treadwear 100 tires... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B56cF5qwPQ&t=27s

19mm front sway bar, stock front torsion bars, Bilstein shocks, 200lb rear springs (six). Alot of quickness in the autocross is being smooth and carrying as much speed as you can thru the turns.

Honestly I wasn't all that fast there just wasn't a lot of tough competition that day.
PatrickB
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Oct 11 2019, 05:57 PM) *

You can compare with this video if you want, I was the second fastest street car on new treadwear 100 tires... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B56cF5qwPQ&t=27s

19mm front sway bar, stock front torsion bars, Bilstein shocks, 200lb rear springs (six). Alot of quickness in the autocross is being smooth and carrying as much speed as you can thru the turns.

Honestly I wasn't all that fast there just wasn't a lot of tough competition that day.

You have less body roll, car looks really good! Was considering slightly heavier springs in the back...
Justinp71
QUOTE(PatrickB @ Oct 11 2019, 03:18 PM) *

You have less body roll, car looks really good! Was considering slightly heavier springs in the back...

Thanks. I have an aluminum case six (3.2) so I naturally have to have slightly heavier springs off the bat. Also I probably cranked up the front sway bar to mid notch.
PatrickB
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Oct 11 2019, 06:24 PM) *

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Oct 11 2019, 03:18 PM) *

Thanks. I have an aluminum case six (3.2) so I naturally have to have slightly heavier springs off the bat. Also I probably cranked up the front sway bar to mid notch.

1.9 AAZ diesel, not sure but I think it's a little heavier than stock.
mlindner
Justinp71, thanks for sharing the video. Very nice driving and your 914-6 GT looks really fast. Best, Mark
EdwardBlume
For AX to eliminate body roll, go with larger torsion bars, 19MM front sway bar, and reconnect the rear bar.

That's what I did.

YRMV - I also had a welded in roll bar with a forward arm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.