Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neo914 contributor and sponsor list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Let me just say "Thank you" all for the effort, inspiration, and deals that helps keep this project alive. This is the just the beginning of the list that I will update periodically.

Props goes to Brad who reinvented www.914world.com and the administrators who maintain it. It is a vast source mostly encouraging and intelligent comments from members and technical info.

1. Viola my wife – who allowed me to endeavor this project w/o “tight” scrutiny hide.gif
2. www.msdsinc.com (Maltese Falcon) - Marty sponsoring neo914 at SEMA '06 w/ebrakes Without this deadline, the neo914 would have taken many many years to complete…
3. (nine14cats) - Bill and Doris for selling me their great track car platform for neo914
4. (TC Design) - Tony for fabrication of the drive-train supports & trading services
5. (McMark) – Mark’s metal fabrication of some of the new ideas including front flares II
6. (John Kelly) - John who metal shaped the rear flares and demonstrated "fluid" metal
7. (914 1.8t) – Sonu’s tech advise and encouragement to do the Audi transplant
8. (Mueller) - Mike has a "let's make it better" mentality his rear bearings, loaning his trailer, and machining
9. (Andyrew) - Andrew who took the challenge of metal shaping the front flares I
10. (TonyAKAVW) Tony for making the clear signal lenses a reality
11. (Rockaria) www.rockaria.com Christopher for creating the “dealer” stickers and…
12. (Silver Bullet) – Jason, Boxster conversion and body design collaborator
13. (Jon Watts) – Jon, another conversion nut, cooling lines and lot’s of help
14. (MikeP) – Mike provided an Elise driving experience, arguably a modern “914”
15. Brasil Auto – Joao providing Audi parts
16. TAC Auto Repair – Tony another car designer/builder
17. (Chris Julian) - Chris for setting a high standard of fabrication & offering services
18. John Clarke - helping hands, garage would still be storage if not for him
19. www.braggengineering.com integral tail/stop/signal tail lamp LED’s
20. www.harrisonspecialties.com small turn signal LED’s
21. www.eBay.com and www.Craigslist.com - for 24hrs/day parts shopping
22. www.Brailleauto.com smallest automotive battery
23. (Engman)@914world.com – Mark’s inner long kit and maybe more improved parts
24. www.car-gems.com - Lefteris Trochalidis “neo914-6” custom cut letters
25. (Dave Darling) – Dave’s Boxster top “delivery” service
26. (914RS) & Brant) - Joe and Brant inspired fabrication and restoration
27. (GWN7) - Bruce for experimenting with lenses for signal pod "headlights"
28. Norman K. –Yamaha designer, shirt printer & ACCD classmate, gave design advise
29. Raoul – brother in law offered help to make LED boards for the tail lights
30. Mike Lee – Big time car nut – owns 19 vintage cars (two –6’s), and long time friend
31. (Marks914) – gave much design advise and encouragement
32. (Scotty B and Shelby) – gave paint advise
33. (Jenny) – picked up a 993 lid in LA
34. (Redshift) – Miles H offered discounted Audi parts through a friend
35. (918-S) - Rick gave advise
36. (Howard) – insured the neo914-6
37. (Dr Evil) - Mike attempted to reshape a 914 dash with Audi instrument panel
38. (Brent) – offered help and enthusiastic feedback
39. (sj914) – Remil gave good feedback
40. RGruppe - Cris offered some of his club exposure
41. www.Ozsport.com - Jim offered Audi technical and diagnostic expertise
42. (rogergrubb) Roger offered advise and a hand
43. George K – rare Porsche pd wheel
44. Ayham – Boxster radiators assemblies
45. Craig B - Audi V6 twin turbo engine, ECU, and wiring
46. John – B&M shifter and Boxster tranny
47. C Alex – Audi service CD’s
48. (Rob Ways) – metal rear valance
49. Danny C – miscl Boxster parts, has SEMA car
50. Michael –993 engine lid and automated spoiler
51. (Elliot Cannon) – owners manual for reference for a new manual
52. (Joe Spark) – offered ECU & Electronics support
53. (Dlo) – Daniel L contributed a signal lense for prototype
54. (Jwest) James adjustable rear trunk hinge
55. Chris S – S4 down pipes and O2 sensors
56. (Datapace) Bryan - RH billet steering wheel spacer
57. John T –Lotus Elise soft top
58. Michael K - BMW grills
59. Anthony M- Scirocco single wiper
60. Ashley for working on the body
61. Shrine Racing - front needle bearings
62. 914parts.com - refurbished targa latches
63. Mueller - rear needle bearings, PMB calipers
64. Racer Chris - sstl fuel lines
65. Phoenix-MN - fuel line grommets
66. Raul (yello914) - aluminum door sills
67. Tod (tod914) - door sill rivets
68. Rich (a914Guy) - custom Boxster calipers, adapters
69. Sergio (PCA7GGR) - front header pad
70. Bruce (GWN7) - door window end caps

Let me know if I left anyone out!
MikeP
Love the progress, keep it coming. Lemme know if you need some wrench help this/next week.
neo914-6
Got another "sponsor", it's not much but every item helps at this point... smilie_pokal.gif Braille Batterys
Dave_Darling
Hey, I thought you were gonna add me to the list!! wink.gif

--DD
neo914-6
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 10 2005, 02:41 PM)
Hey, I thought you were gonna add me to the list!!  ;)

--DD

Man I'm sorry I have a short memory. wacko.gif

I'm probably going to abandon the convertible plans, but thanks again...
neo914-6
List is growing, see first post.

SPECIAL THANKS to Rockaria (Christopher) and (TonyAKAVW)!!!

Andyrew
You can shamefully take my name off.. sad.gif sad2.gif

If there is anything else I can do.. (FYI Im getting a NICE mig, so I could weld anything for you... Alum to..)

Andrew

neo914-6
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Feb 12 2006, 12:59 AM)
take my name off.. sad.gif sad2.gif

not a chance! clap56.gif

neo914-6
The last 3 months have been a whirlwind push to get neo914 to SEMA.

I want to publically thank everyone who supported this project:

First my wife Viola and my daughter for their patience and support. Here she is looking over one of the bills... laugh.gif

Martin Schneider (Maltese Falcon) of MSDS gave me a great goal and I was happy to deliver. He's now motivated to bring one or two of his personal cars to SEMA, stay tuned.

"10/28 Friday's mad assembly"
-Chris Julian was able to stay late even after calls from his wife Shirley. He was encouraging when I needed it most that night
-Jason Samson (Silverbullet) helped install the lids and other parts. There was no time to cut the tunnel to install his modified 964 pedal assembly. We shared alot of information and ideas over the past couple of years
-Jon Watts transported neo to Yeamans the previous Monday. That night he helped install the hood and lid with Jason and delivered the trailer. He's helped helped many times over the past year
-Tom (Carreraguy) took some great pictures of our work

-David West came through with the rear spoiler fabricating everything 350 miles away, I "almost" dropped this project until he was referred by my friend Norman
-Ashley made a valiant effort with the body work before handing off the work to Yeamans
-Scott Yeaman did a terrific job of expediting the work at his shop. I saw 3-4 people working on my parts at one time and was very pleased with the end result.
-My long time friend John Clarke has helped me many late nights and has always been encouraging with this vision
-Mike Mueller helped with many machined parts and ideas. I'm finally getting his needle bearings too!
-Richard Lindsel brought my front hood and trunk lid on separate trips as they were available from Yeamans. That bought me much needed time!
-John (VegasRacer) gave super support while in LV. What an asset to the club
-Jim (speedster fan) rebuilt my rear trailing arms but unfortunately we ran out of time to install them
-Allan (ajracer) gave me the axle info for the Boxster gearbox
-purchased seals from Brian Frenz and Kerry H
-purchased the door cores and carpeting from Heidi and James
-The people at TAP Plastics were very helpful
-Chinh at Top Notch Upholstery 408-885-9555 did a great job as well, thanks Ed (propricer) for the referal. I'll use them to make a 914 version of the Lotus Elise soft top
-Parts Heaven allowed me to fit up CV's and axles before purchase
-Craig Brown sold me more Audi S4 interior parts at give away prices. It's too bad he couldn't meet me in LV as planned. I previously purchased the complete engine from him.

There were many who offered help like Michael (nocones) and Brent. And of course all of you with compliments and suggestions (online and offline) were very much appreciated! clap56.gif
neo914-6
a few more:

-I praised Joe Sharpe and TonyAKAVW on my spoiler thread but hats off to them for helping my SoCal fabricator work on the auto spoiler. Joe lent him a full rear clip
-TonyAKAVW also dealt with his father-in-law in South America in injection molding the clear signal light lenses/covers. He relieved me from investing in tooling and will have these parts available to everyone soon.
-Eddie - a painter friend who had no time to do the project but came by at a short notice when we need some sanding
-CAMP914 provide the right brackets for my application. Turns out my single piece f/g hood was heavy enough for stock struts so I need to exchange them...
-Carlos at Nunez Precision Welding 263-9503 did some short notice work on the side window channels, door edge, and steering relocation brackets
-BR&F did some powder coating for some of the parts, I'll be back there soon...
-Steve (Shoguneagle) walked me through trailering and where to get gas the evening I was driving to LV.
dlo914
wow it's been a while since i sent you that turn signal lense. i'm glad i could help smile.gif
neo914-6
Martin Schneider (Maltese Falcon) of MSDS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.