Full Version: WTB '74 2.0 Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ctc911ctc
Hi,

Looking to purchase a muffler, many thanks in advance,

CTC911CTC
Tom_T
FYI CTC... - it's the same "Banana" stock 2.0L muffler for all 73-76 MY's

If you want a new one, then any reseller of JP/Dansk & Porsche dealers sell the current OEM version with a chromed tailpipe (originally you had to buy an optional chrome tailpiece at extra cost back-in-the-day).

Try both Sunset Porsche & Suncoast Porsche online parts websites for the best dealer pricing for the new OEM Dansk ones, & look for sales at Sierra Madre (they have 914 parts sale on now IIRC), AutoAtlanta, etc., plus Google search for them to price check.

Folks on here occasionally sell nice used ones, so look in the Classifieds there, & on 914club, TheSamba, etc.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mblizzard
Ben at https://914-6werkshop.com/shop/products/ makes a solid muffler if you are looking for something better than stock.
euro911
The 73/74 2.0L banana muffler is different than the 75/76. Different flanges for the different heat exchangers.
IronHillRestorations
I have a Dansk that's never been on a car. PM sent
ctc911ctc
Thank you everyone for all of the information, putting a new stainless on this car seems like overkill,

Will let you know what I buy.
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Oct 15 2019, 08:05 AM) *

Thank you everyone for all of the information, putting a new stainless on this car seems like overkill,

Will let you know what I buy.

icon_bump.gif
ChrisFoley
I have a couple of old Bursch 2.0L collector/mufflers sitting around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.