Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inquiry: Rubber seal/insert instead of Chrome for Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
Hi local member from Orange county!
Rufino replaced by windshield before but I would like to request any member who did not use original chrome trim for the windshield and use Rufino’s rubber seal/insert.
Thinking of making all the trim from side windows and rear trims to all black.

Can you share some pictures!
Thank you!

dr914@autoatlanta.com
the 914 anodized trim is pretty valuable and expensive to replace, to just ruin it with black paint. Windshield trim is readily available used if you are on a budget and readily available new at a not bad price, just make sure that the windshield clips are in place and fairly new
ndfrigi
Thanks George!

My current project has already black trims on the doors and on the sail trim but need repainting since it has some chips on them.
My windshield trim is not perfect anymore and that is the reason I have to paint it also or use rubber seal instead. Front and Rear bumpers will be painted black also.

Borrowed pictures below for my plan of doing also.

thank you!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
I do sell the rubber trim also. The only issues are the bead has to be nice as the rubber will not cover all the area the chrome did. You can frit the glass inside to hide some of the edge. You do see the extra black, but it's a more "modern" look.

Honestly, powder coating the trim is the way to go. Lots of good used trim available that isn't as shiny as it should be.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 14 2019, 11:25 AM) *

Thanks George!

My current project has already black trims on the doors and on the sail trim but need repainting since it has some chips on them.
My windshield trim is not perfect anymore and that is the reason I have to paint it also or use rubber seal instead. Front and Rear bumpers will be painted black also.

thank you!

I like what you're thinking Noel...my LSV8 is getting black trim treatment also. Let's talk, maybe we can batch powder-coat some stuff at my house one Saturday? Rufino has been to my house recently also working on other member cars.

Twin cars beerchug.gif red914.jpg red914.jpg

Oscar

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Cerikote would work well on the trim. No need to bake.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
wow really looks good with the black and orange and the stripes and flares.

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Oct 14 2019, 11:25 AM) *

Thanks George!

thank you!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
CeraKote may do the trick nicely. Not sure what gloss level you are looking for.
ndfrigi
Thanks again sir Oscar for the offer!
Thank you also George, Mark (mepstein) and Mark (914rubber)!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.