Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injector question for the experts please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Creamsicle New Zealand
Hi all I need help please with regards to which fuel injector is correct for my engine. I have a 2.0lt Creamsicle (1974) one of my injectors is leaking and decided to get a new one in fact I will get two just in case one fails in the future. I have the option of buying two NOS from this forum. 1 is part # 0 280 150 019 for 73-74 engine the other is part # 0 280 150 038 for 75-76 engine. The question is can I use the injector for 75-76 on my 74 engine?
Thanks in advance for any help. Steve
JeffBowlsby
Same same in terms of performance. Its not documented anywhere, but its my understanding that the later version has a hardened pintle due to the higher heat generated by the later engines for emissions purposes.

Did you know the 75-76 cars had what the factory literature terms "thermal reactors"? They are the J-tubes bolted to the heads, supposedly intended to burn off unburnt fuel.
Mikey914
I've never seen a thermal reactor on a 914. 912E yes, but not 914. They are the bane of the 912E in that they baked the oil in the case causing premature failure of bearings.

mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 14 2019, 07:43 PM) *

I've never seen a thermal reactor on a 914. 912E yes, but not 914. They are the bane of the 912E in that they baked the oil in the case causing premature failure of bearings.

And overheated the 2.7- 911 engines.
Creamsicle New Zealand
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 14 2019, 01:02 PM) *

Same same in terms of performance. Its not documented anywhere, but its my understanding that the later version has a hardened pintle due to the higher heat generated by the later engines for emissions purposes.

Did you know the 75-76 cars had what the factory literature terms "thermal reactors"? They are the J-tubes bolted to the heads, supposedly intended to burn off unburnt fuel.

Great thank you Jeff

Regards Steve
JeffBowlsby
Reactors. The late exhaust manifolds are a heavy gage steel to retain heat right at the exhaust chamber to burn off unburnt fuel in conjunction with the added air from the air pump. They also transferred more heat to the heads reducing their service life.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.