Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuchs for a flared teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
so this guy says he has a set...proper offset 16x8 for the back and 16x7 for the front. with tires (don't know what kind or condition) and apparently in pristine condition with center caps. i already have the 5 bolt set up and a full set of 16x6 fuchs all around that i could sell.

he is offering at $2000 with tires. caused a little (ok, a lot) of a sphincter tingle!

is this a good price?

no, i haven't seen the wheels but i have dealt with the guy before and trust his assessment.

is this a reasonable price or should i suggest an unachievable act of self gratification?

i found sets of 4 fake fuchs on the bay for $800

muchas gracias...
tat2dphreak
sounds high as hell to me... but what do I know? 2k will get you nice boxster rims or modern 911 rims...
scottb
as an addendum,

what would be the proper offsets to look for?

i too feel this is really friggin' high. if i can get a nice set of other porsche or after market wheels for a fraction of $2k, then that will be the way for a cheap sob like me to go.
scottb
here are the fake fuchs on the bay....

fake fuchs....
lapuwali
Snoop around the Bird board and other classifieds, not just Ebay. I've seen 16" Fuchs sell for a lot less than $2000 a set. However, for a really pristine set with brand new tires, that's not an outrageous price. Nice 5-lug Fuchs are fairly expensive. They weigh a lot less than Boxster wheels, so one can argue they're worth the price.

redshift
-cough-

big wheels keep on turning
lapuwali
Also, try craigslist, lots of good deals there:

fuchs link

Another

Cookies instead
scottb
thanks for the links beer.gif

what offset should i look for given a set of standard width gt flares to be installed?

scott
TravisNeff
2K is some serious money Around $2500 you can get a set of 16x9 and 16x7, and those in the know about the 9" wheels, know that part is serious cash!

If the wheels were refinished that is one thing, if the tires are brand new - and have value to you, that's another - so 2k could be a decent deal depending on the condition.

I was quoted$300-350 per pair on 16x7's from 20th street auto.
ewdysar
A ballpark figure in the last 6 months for 16" Fuchs is:

16x7 $200 each
16x8 $400 each
16x9 $800 each

That price is for fairly good condition rims without tires, but tires rarely seem to bring up the value very much. So I think that your original quote is a bit high. The others listed are close to these figures, waiting patiently may get you a better deal.

Eric
Joe Bob
I'm asking 1800 with a new set of Kumho tires 16x7 and 8s, 225/45 and 245/45 tires....caps and alloy lug nuts included....
scottb
hey mike, you have an email.....

can anyone tell me if these would be the proper offset for a flared teener? i am not worried about having "proper" fuchs but if these won't fit or there is a reason i shouldn't buy them, please speak up...

muchas gracias....

fakies....
anthony
911 wheels only come in their original offset/backspacing. Here's a site with weights, offsets, and backspacing:

http://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html

I'm sure you'll need longer studs and spacers to make normal 911 Fuchs work with GT flares.

I think $2000 is a bit high for these wheels unless they are pristine, the tires are top of the line SO-3 or equivalent, and they are exactly what you want. IMO, a "pristine" pair of 16x8s would go for $1000 and a pair of 16x7s for $400. If they aren't pristine and just in excellent driver condition I'd deduct 10-15%.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.