Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Club site down?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Is The 914Club site down?
ValcoOscar
I heard it was done...but let's see what George says when he chimes in.

Oscar
Larmo63
Somebody actually noticed or cared?
porschetub
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
sixnotfour
@rhodyguy , popped the question...

we still have it, but did not get much activity so cancelled the monthly hosting fee.

The original reason we purchased it was to get it into friendly hands. Really 914 owners need only one place to chat and it seems to be the world

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 14 2019, 09:07 AM) *

George, Did you pull the plug on 'Club'?
rhodyguy
It was a tad obvious. Then discovering club seemed to be history confirmed it. If it ain't there, it's gone.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes I got tired of paying the hosting fee, as they went up on it and the only reason I bought it to begin with was to get it in more friendly hands. We still have it intact, just not hosted

I think that it is important to concentrate all 914 club type activities through one arena and it is obviously the world. The samba and the rennlist and pelican should also join in my decision and take their sites down as well. There were too few cars made to dilute the input and make people search for good advice and recognized places to purchase parts for their 914s.
I thought something was up when AA starting posting here more often..
rhodyguy
What? Seriously?
Coondog
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 06:57 AM) *

The samba and the rennlist and pelican should also join in my decision and take their sites down as well. There were too few cars made to dilute the input and make people search for good advice and recognized places to purchase parts for their 914s.

So different opinions and choices are a bad thing...... WTF.gif

{Political stuff removed by admin}
rhodyguy
flag.gif working pretty good these days.
Chi-town
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 16 2019, 07:35 AM) *

Tell me how that worked out
Click to view attachment

Slow down there Captain America laugh.gif

What George is saying is that if we centralize the information and skill set that it will be easier for people to find said information and get help when needed eliminating the countless hours of Googling and disappointment.
rhodyguy
That would be your interpretation. Others see it differently.
ClayPerrine
Admin official post: OK.. Let's stop posting pictures of Stalin. That can be interpreted as political.

Let's not get this thread locked.

ClayPerrine
George,
I know you own the DNS registration for 914Club.com. How about you redirect it to 914World.com? I think that would do a lot to heal the wounds of the members here when the split happened.

Just a suggestion.

Clay
Rand
Welcome the ill? Into the fold?
Truth is, it all works out in time. Time grinds.
Mikey914
The Hawaiians say "it is what it is" .
Pretty simple statement, but once you realize that things tend to work out.
rhodyguy
'Da kine'
poorsche914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 16 2019, 11:57 AM) *
... How about you redirect it to 914World.com? ...

agree.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you

QUOTE(Chi-town @ Oct 16 2019, 08:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 16 2019, 07:35 AM) *

Tell me how that worked out
Click to view attachment

Slow down there Captain America laugh.gif

What George is saying is that if we centralize the information and skill set that it will be easier for people to find said information and get help when needed eliminating the countless hours of Googling and disappointment.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
and maybe they can all get their money back that they paid to bail Brad out of jail!!!!

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 16 2019, 08:57 AM) *

George,
I know you own the DNS registration for 914Club.com. How about you redirect it to 914World.com? I think that would do a lot to heal the wounds of the members here when the split happened.

Just a suggestion.

Clay

SirAndy
George,

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 09:40 AM) *
and maybe they can all get their money back that they paid to bail Brad out of jail!!!!

George,

There was nothing wrong with bailing him out. Going to jail over a shady rotten old 914 was just nuts, no matter how you look at it.

Just FYI, the Split™ had nothing to do with Brad going to jail ...
shades.gif

horizontally-opposed

How about you redirect it to 914World.com? I think that would do a lot to heal the wounds of the members here when the split happened.

Just a suggestion.

Clay

Add me to the list of those who agree with this suggestion.

Also seems in line with George's stated premise of putting our resources behind the best online platform for the preservation of the 914—and there is no question this is it.

pete
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 16 2019, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 09:40 AM) *

George,

There was nothing wrong with bailing him out. Going to jail over a shady rotten old 914 was just nuts, no matter how you look at it.

Just FYI, the Split™ had nothing to do with Brad going to jail ...
shades.gif

I was trying to heal some old wounds, not reopen others.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 16 2019, 09:59 AM) *
I was trying to heal some old wounds, not reopen others.

I know, i just want to make sure people are not re-writing history to fit their agenda. (Not talking about you, obviously)

This is still one of the best threads ever on this board:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=26387
biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
Throwing shade bringing up Brad is low rent. Pathetic. Do you feel you got your money's worth? 6 threads hawking shit that should be in the member vendor sub forum. See you in a month.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Great I will look forward to your visit! We have a lot to discuss

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 16 2019, 10:16 AM) *

Throwing shade bringing up Brad is low rent. Pathetic. Do you feel you got your money's worth? 6 threads hawking shit that should be in the member vendor sub forum. See you in a month.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
the proto type is safe
rhodyguy
Don't hold your breath on that one. dry.gif rolleyes.gif
Rand
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 09:18 AM) *

Great I will look forward to your visit! We have a lot to discuss

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 16 2019, 10:16 AM) *

Not the best play.
Rand
I guess when you go down in flames you squeal.
sixnotfour
I rather see Road Glue content reappear...
TheCabinetmaker
Although l do think the club site should be reunited with the world, l see no reason for merge of all sites. Most of those from road glue, rennlist, and like sites are here already.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Oct 16 2019, 01:37 PM) *

Although l do think the club site should be reunited with the world, l see no reason for merge of all sites. Most of those from road glue, rennlist, and like sites are here already.

we did have roadglue ...it got a virus.Andy has it in the freezer..
it had alot of GT stuff...
SirAndy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 16 2019, 01:16 PM) *
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Oct 16 2019, 01:37 PM) *
we did have roadglue ...it got a virus.Andy has it in the freezer..
it had alot of GT stuff...

Yepp, Road Glue has been in cryo stasis until i can figure out how to safely revive it.
idea.gif

rhodyguy
What about the dgi content site? Mid 90s?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 16 2019, 10:58 AM) *

I rather see Road Glue content reappear...

agree.gif agree.gif
EdwardBlume
I still have 914club T-shirt’s.

They don’t polish the toilet like they used to, but I still use them for other official business. I’m Just kidding! KMA.gif
76-914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 16 2019, 08:55 AM) *

Admin official post: OK.. Let's stop posting pictures of Stalin. That can be interpreted as political.

Stalin! Shit, I thought that was my rehab nurse. blink.gif
Coondog

Really I thought it was history...... confused24.gif
Chi-town
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 16 2019, 01:59 PM) *

People are afraid of history these days stirthepot.gif av-943.gif
BKLA
I would love to feel comfortable enough to display the two - 914club badges I own that Jeron designed way back when... tongue.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 16 2019, 01:59 PM) *

Political history combined with a biased personal comment, not something we want around here ...
shades.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
lets lock it then, if Andy approves, club is safe and the 914-6 prototype is very safe, "is it safe?"
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 03:45 PM) *

lets lock it then, if Andy approves, club is safe and the 914-6 prototype is very safe, "is it safe?"

Good. I hope that means you have it and can do it justice. beer.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The car really cannot be restored as every piece of it is different, even the stampings of the rotted floor pan. My goal would be to dismantle it to a bare body shell, clean every part and then reassemble it making it a running driving car, but display it here in high patina

QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Oct 16 2019, 03:49 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 03:45 PM) *

Good. I hope that means you have it and can do it justice. beer.gif

mb911
Guys catch me up to speed on this 914-6 prototype???
SirAndy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 16 2019, 05:33 PM) *

Please no, there's been enough bad blood already ...
dry.gif

2nd on this list:
http://www.914world.com/specs/prototypes.php

rgalla9146
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 16 2019, 08:33 PM) *

agree.gif Me too.
Pics please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.