Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB CLOSES in a few hours 31st for late window scrapers with new fuzzey (non-sucking)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
Yes the outer scraper on the late cars were superseded with the 911 profile.
Yes it's a more robust profile, but it also grips the glass more. This is even more true when it's new.

So some have lubricated them, others have baked them both with some success, but the real problem is it was never really designed for the application.

So you all know me I can't just leave something alone. we made a significant improvement to the product.

See the seal that is like OEM below.
Mikey914
Here's the solution.
We've added a strip of fuzzey to the scraper edge. Allowing the window to slide easily on the new "buffer"
These will be $7 each side retail in the future, but we are starting a GB for $9.99 a set.

SO who can use a set?
ndfrigi
Mark, 1 set for me pls.

Noel
Tbrown4x4
Yes. I've needed these for a while. 1 set please.
mlindner
Yes, I'll take a set. Mark
barefoot
I'm in for a set
Barefoot
DRPHIL914
yep, I am in for a set
dlee6204
In for a set
ValcoOscar
piratenanner.gif For now, 4 sets please hide.gif

Oscar
andreic
Do they also work on early cars? Or if not, are there scrapers for the early cars at 914rubber?
Jett
I’ll take a set... the old style although good they do make it hard to roll the window down sad.gif

aharder
I'm in for a set biggrin.gif
DucRS
Ill Take a set.
76-914
2 sets for another 914Rubber Junkie. beerchug.gif
jcd914
I'm in for a set.

Just replaced most of the seals on my 914 and was disappointed in these seals.
The window wants to bind and I figure the regulator will fail soon.

Jim
moldygreg
Im' in!

I too had the problem mentioned ^ with the current offering.

rhodyguy
Don't forget about the 'U' guide in the vertical channels. F&R. Unless you've replaced them, figure they're 40 years old. Replace those shoddy end caps while doing the squeegees. All part of the system.
Mikey914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 16 2019, 08:13 AM) *

Don't forget about the 'U' guide in the vertical channels. F&R. Unless you've replaced them, figure they're 40 years old. Replace those shoddy end caps while doing the squeegees. All part of the system.

You are correct. I will put together special pricing for those that replace their scraper seals (and will put the other on sale too. May take me a day or two to get the listings up, but will make a nice set. Heck I'll even throw in a version to get the inner fuzzey too. You know, while you are there..........
rhodyguy
I think the channel guides would be a big seller. I did mine years ago. Made a huge dif. Why take the door cards off repeatedly? Once and done. Make your own vapor barriers out of 6mil plastic and stick them on with double sided tape.
seanpaulmc
In for a set.
mb911
in for a set with aluminum tracks
drem914
Mark, I am in for a set, but is the bulb that slides into the aluminum track larger than the last ones you did? My issue with the scrappers was the bulb portion kept popping out of the track. I went and installed earlier model scrappers and it went into the track with the right tension and does not pop out every time I roll up the windows. is there a difference in the aluminum door track between early model and late model?
SirAndy
Me me me me me me ...
biggrin.gif
mbseto
Also interested in the early/late model question...
Literati914
QUOTE(mbseto @ Oct 16 2019, 12:06 PM) *

Also interested in the early/late model question...

Ditto...
IronHillRestorations
I truly appreciate all you go through to bring good parts Mark.

That said, the lubricity (not sure if that's the right term) and durometer of the squeegees of yours that I saw was not right.

They looked the part but the rubber was so sticky it pulled out of the channel. My thinking was that a harder rubber wouldn't stick to the glass and pull out.
Mikey914
Our rubber for these is the same durometer used on 90% of the other seals. The thinner seals seem more soft but are not. They do harden over time, so one of the fixes was to bake them. Any harder they become more difficult to install. A catch 22, unless you change another variable, which we just did.
Mike D.
Oh, But of course!
Thanks!
drem914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 16 2019, 12:40 PM) *

Our rubber for these is the same durometer used on 90% of the other seals. The thinner seals seem more soft but are not. They do harden over time, so one of the fixes was to bake them. Any harder they become more difficult to install. A catch 22, unless you change another variable, which we just did.

Any chance you can shed some light on the bulb size between early and late models?

BTW thanks for sending the door card nut arm rest nut plates.
burton73
Still the early late question?

Please

Bob B confused24.gif
Mikey914
The early "correct" version was made specifically for the 914 you can see the profile is completely different. The early do not grab the window. At some point in 73 they decided to superseded the part with the 911 one they already made as it "worked"

You can see where I have installed it on my 75 (the early) it's actually completely different. Only the bulb size is the same.

That's the early / late deal.
djway
Im in
VaccaRabite
In for a set.

Zach
914Sixer
Down for one.
drem914
I'm still in for a set, I'll have to see how the bulb size works out. because there is definite difference between the two stiles and it may be I got the early style from the pelican which could account for the possible manufacturing difference in size/tolerance.
Thanks,
broomhandle
I am in for a set. smile.gif
theer
yes, please.

gjames
I am in for set.
George
FlacaProductions
I have a set of yours (the one that "suck" - ha!) ready to go in, @Mikey914 but I should probably get these instead and avoid the hassle/frustration, right?

(you crack me up with the title of this thread....)
Mikey914
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Oct 18 2019, 10:11 AM) *

I have a set of yours (the one that "suck" - ha!) ready to go in, @Mikey914 but I should probably get these instead and avoid the hassle/frustration, right?

(you crack me up with the title of this thread....)

Do appreciate your support. If they are unused send back for a refund. No problem.

These are a significant improvement.
ConeDodger
I have your earlier effort and frankly, don’t recall a problem with them - ever. But if you've made something better, I suppose I’d better try it! evilgrin.gif
maf914
I am in for at least one set. Thanks, Mark, as usual.
Lucky9146
I'm in for a set please! Funny how you don't know you need something until a post like this comes around and you go and look at your current scrapers and see they are so tight against the glass. Should help things a lot. Thanks!
driving.gif white914.jpg
jmitro
ill take a set (one pair for one car I assume)
scallyk9
I'd also like to buy a set.
Steve
I’m in
Andyrew
In
TitanMZ3
I'll go in on a set
bobboinski
One set please.
Mikey914
Will be sending out codes late this afternoon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.