Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: group buy rear spring sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I do not know if it is possible, but if we had 20 committed people for each size, we could offer the 100 or the 140 or the 180 lb springs at only 99.36 a set. These are exact duplicates of the original automotion weltmeister sp100 sp140 and sp180 progressive springs that were so wildly popular back in the day. They join our stock 914-4 and 914-6 springs sets and we have them made by the premier automotive spring company in the united states. Comments?
rhodyguy
A little confused here. Are the springs on the shelve ready to go or do you need the $ commitment (payment upfront) to start production?
ClayPerrine
Can you do a set of stock 914-6 springs?

Mine sag on the right. I am thinking the original owner was a bit portly.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have the stock springs for the 914-6 and the 914-4 on the shelf, we are making the springs for the 100 140 and 180 now but the price of course will be more as we have make more to get a better deal hence the up front committment
tsvo
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 03:09 PM) *

we have the stock springs for the 914-6 and the 914-4 on the shelf, we are making the springs for the 100 140 and 180 now but the price of course will be more as we have make more to get a better deal hence the up front committment

I have a stock 1.7, but need springs. I would like it to ride a little better, but also be lower. What set would you recommend? No track driving, just easy street use.
Rusty
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 16 2019, 10:00 AM) *

blink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
if you have bilstein shocks, then get the stock 914 factory reproduction springs we sell. If you have fixed spring plate shocks and want the car a bit lower then get the 100 lb spring set

QUOTE(tsvo @ Oct 16 2019, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 16 2019, 03:09 PM) *

I have a stock 1.7, but need springs. I would like it to ride a little better, but also be lower. What set would you recommend? No track driving, just easy street use.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
We have the stock 914-6 springs ready to ship, you may want to first, though, put a jack directly under the middle for the front cross member and pump the handle a few times to take some of the weight off of the front and see if the rear settles itself evenly. If so one of the front torsion bars needs adjustment

QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 17 2019, 11:40 AM) *

blink.gif

Mikey914
You know George I can sell you the 100's and the 140/160's biggrin.gif
Coondog
All these vendor post should be posted where they belong IN THE VENDOR SECTION.
But the admin on this site is more concerned about being politically correct then to put post in there correct threads.

Now we have competing businesses posting Springs for sale.

Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 17 2019, 01:34 PM) *

But the admin on this site is more concerned about being politically correct then to put post in there correct threads.

I agree, 25% of the first 40 threads in the Garage right now are new product announcements from either AA or 914 Rubber. I have bought items from both and had 98% good experiences with each one. We couldn't even work on our cars without them. But what is the Vendor section for if not this kind of posts?
I promise I will not ignore the vendor section if you guys post there instead.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 17 2019, 01:40 PM) *

blink.gif

Not the DAPO, the original owner. It was sagging when I came to Kansas to help you with it.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Oct 17 2019, 03:05 PM) *

I agree, 25% of the first 40 threads in the Garage right now are new product announcements from either AA or 914 Rubber. I have bought items from both and had 98% good experiences with each one. We couldn't even work on our cars without them. But what is the Vendor section for if not this kind of posts?

They do fall to the bottom as long as they are not getting bumped. You respond on the thread it goes to the top. If there is no interest, you look pretty pathetic bumping the thread several times in a row. That I would call BS on. The problem should take care of itself.

But in all honesty the Garage is were the action is at. We often develop parts here. The throttle cables is another that has evolved to hey can you make a custom, if so how about a V8, Subaru, or for my one of a kind car.

The only way we can make the parts as inexpensively as we do is through the support of the community, so it really is where some GB's come together. Perhaps we color code them so you can easily skip?

I do try to keep my GBs to the point they aren't to obnoxious, but there are folks that do like to combine, especially if the parts are small.

I could honestly launch another 3 items but I'm trying to not be too much of a content hog.

I honestly can say that without the exposure I have had in the Garage, I would more than likely not be in business.
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 17 2019, 06:08 PM) *

They do fall to the bottom as long as they are not getting bumped. You respond on the thread it goes to the top. If there is no interest, you look pretty pathetic bumping the thread several times in a row. That I would call BS on. The problem should take care of itself.

But in all honesty the Garage is were the action is at. We often develop parts here. The throttle cables is another that has evolved to hey can you make a custom, if so how about a V8, Subaru, or for my one of a kind car.

The only way we can make the parts as inexpensively as we do is through the support of the community, so it really is where some GB's come together. Perhaps we color code them so you can easily skip?

I do try to keep my GBs to the point they aren't to obnoxious, but there are folks that do like to combine, especially if the parts are small.

I could honestly launch another 3 items but I'm trying to not be too much of a content hog.

I honestly can say that without the exposure I have had in the Garage, I would more than likely not be in business.

Sad but true, these guys make most of there money on group buys and new product announcements in the Garage. Personally I rarely check the members vendors section. I start in the garage and then check the classified for used parts.
These announcements and group buys in the garage do not bother me, but maybe the admins should create a poll and let everyone vote??
mb911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 17 2019, 05:08 PM) *

agree.gif

Same for me.. And I am small potatoes
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I felt a need to continue the Automotion, Performance Products, Weltmeister 100 140 and 180 spring sets as they had it down so well (we retested them all recently) and had purchased so so many sets over the years from them and know they worked well. No reason to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 17 2019, 12:06 PM) *

We have the stock 914-6 springs ready to ship, you may want to first, though, put a jack directly under the middle for the front cross member and pump the handle a few times to take some of the weight off of the front and see if the rear settles itself evenly. If so one of the front torsion bars needs adjustment

QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 17 2019, 11:40 AM) *

blink.gif

Mikey914
So George just tell me what you need. As you have mentioned many times there's no need for duplication in such a small market. Especially when we have the latest technology, most tested, and highest quality.

Trying to work with you, not against.

Mark
amfab
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 18 2019, 08:21 AM) *

I think it is logical for the vendors to continue to post in the garage as it is where the customer base is. The only effective way to change it is ban all vendors from the garage, or change the customer behavior

I am one of the consumers driving the vendors to this forum.

I have bought from Mikey, Bruce Stone, Ben, Chris, and George all because of posts they have put in this forum. I almost never go to the vendor forum.

I prefer an active garage forum that includes new development and deals—I prefer scrolling a little more versus clicking back and forth to other pages

...if we are voting.

-Andrew

SirAndy

@Coondog

Actually, this is a group buy attempt which we generally leave in the garage (Just ask the 914 Rubber guys) since they directly benefit the membership.

If you weren't so occupied with politics and looked more closely you would have noticed that all the threads that are just straight advertisements have been moved to the Member Vendors section already.
shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am in total agreement to keep things separate, I do not want to go through a bunch of ads in the want to buy or for sale in the garage, however announcing it when there is a quantity available and it is a known vendor is a good thing, because things DO get lost in the garage, I just had to wade through many classifieds, (even with the search feature) to find someone selling 2.0 heat exchangers and muffler used that I wanted to purchase.

However I think that the concours and originality thing should be put into the garage because it is part of the general discussion and would be good to mix with the tech advice that many of us give out freely.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 18 2019, 11:34 AM) *

@Coondog

Actually, this is a group buy attempt which we generally leave in the garage (Just ask the 914 Rubber guys) since they directly benefit the membership.

If you weren't so occupied with politics and looked more closely you would have noticed that all the threads that are just straight advertisements have been moved to the Member Vendors section already.
shades.gif

FlacaProductions
I hit that View New Posts link at the top of the page (several times a day, actually - it's a bookmark in Safari) that just shows the latest posts from across all forums of the World.

I really don't know what forum most posts are from unless I really look and I don't care where vendors are posting things - either as a business or as a private party. Sometimes these threads (d)evolve into discussions on procedures or modifications concerning the part in question, links to past discussions, etc. - not just a straight effort to sell.

I think it's pretty simple - if you see a thread title that doesn't interest you, don't click in but this group is too small and the cars are getting too rare to be limiting information or innovation. We need it. Post away - like Mark said, it really does self-police.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
thank you for pointing it out, ridiculous that I did not see that before. There are several other forums where I post that I have seen the "what is new" or something like that, but again never noticed the view new

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Oct 19 2019, 08:27 AM) *

I hit that View New Posts link at the top of the page (several times a day, actually - it's a bookmark in Safari) that just shows the latest posts from across all forums of the World.

I really don't know what forum most posts are from unless I really look and I don't care where vendors are posting things - either as a business or as a private party. Sometimes these threads (d)evolve into discussions on procedures or modifications concerning the part in question, links to past discussions, etc. - not just a straight effort to sell.

I think it's pretty simple - if you see a thread title that doesn't interest you, don't click in but this group is too small and the cars are getting too rare to be limiting information or innovation. We need it. Post away - like Mark said, it really does self-police.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.