Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nerw product just in 140/160 progressive springs now with pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Yes you know we did the 100# springs already, but for those that wanted a little more on the sporty side. the 140/160 offers an excellent light sport suspension suitable for daily driving and hitting the track. Excellent all around spring.

We are putting together a special offer that includes the trailing are suspension bushings and NEW shocks, the final numbers are not yet in on the other goodies.

The springs are also available from PMB, Pelican and Stoddard, in both 100 and the progressive 140/160.

So if you are interested in a special GB that includes the all the rear goodies you will need to take the squeak out and make your ride corner better let me know here.

PS the shock are also German, details are in the works, more to follow.
Optimusglen
I'm in for springs, already have newer Bilsteins.
Mikey914
We wanted the best springs available, and know that the way to do it is use the best people to do it. They are not the cheapest, but you can see why in the process video.

We didn't just want a commodity to make as cheaply as possible and check a box. It's a process that is quite complex. We partnered with Ibach to make these as they were the best we could find. They are active in race development and each set of springs is actually actually tested with tight QC.

These are actually made in the US which was VERY important in that metallurgy in some countries can be dubious at best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9HMiNcvQxo...eature=youtu.be

There is a second older video after it that is pretty informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9HMiNcvQxo

mb911
interested to hear more about the combo
TheCabinetmaker
I've been on 160 progressives for about 20 years. Love em
JOEPROPER
Who is the shock manufacturer?
Mikey914
I can say it will be German at this point. Still nailing down details. But will be an Excellent value. I'm sure I could get many more to opt in just for the shocks, but we are doing as a package deal.
Mikey914
Here's the springs ready to ship.
djway
I only live about a mile from where they are made
Seems a shame to ship all the way up there then back smile.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 16 2019, 09:10 AM) *

agree.gif

What ride height should these leave the car at? Stock? Lowered a little? Lowered a lot?

Jim
Mikey914
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 17 2019, 06:10 PM) *

agree.gif

What ride height should these leave the car at? Stock? Lowered a little? Lowered a lot?

Jim

Somewhat depends on the weight of the car. If you are running a 6, these should sit about the same, perhaps up to 1/2" higher. I don't have a 6 to check these on, but this is what the math suggests. Of course, you can go adjustable.
jcd914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 17 2019, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 17 2019, 06:10 PM) *

agree.gif

Jim

Somewhat depends on the weight of the car. If you are running a 6, these should sit about the same, perhaps up to 1/2" higher. I don't have a 6 to check these on, but this is what the math suggests. Of course, you can go adjustable.

Mine is a mostly stock 2.0 4cyl and I am not interested in anything higher than stock height.
The Koni's I ran in the past had 3 or 4 different grooves for the spring seat circlip.

Jim
Mikey914
For that the 100# version would be where I’d go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.