Full Version: WTB-Shift knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Alapone
Looking for original shift knob in decent condition

Thanks

Andrew
Tom_T
Andrew,

FYI - Porsche Classic is having them produced again, so you can order a new one with the correct dog-leg 5-speed pattern from any P-dealer & other Porsche parts sellers, such as Sierra Madre, Auto Atlanta, Stoddard's, Pelican, Einmalig, etc. Suncoast & Sunset Porsche dealers' online parts websites sell them at a discount online too.

Otherwise, nice used on here, 914club.com, TheSamba, evil-bay, etc. have them come up all the time.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914werke
PM sent
dt4
They are difficult to find in the UK, if any one has good condition one they are happy to post over here I would be interested
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(dt4 @ Oct 16 2019, 01:56 PM) *

They are difficult to find in the UK, if any one has good condition one they are happy to post over here I would be interested

Sent you a PM
Mikey914
The crazing you get on the OEM ones can be wet sanded out and buffed. SO they don't have to be 100% there is a thread in the garage.

We also made one that the printing is correct. WE did make an option to install with a set screw also (removable without replacing crush gasket).

You will notice that all the new reproductions the font and lines are too wide. They are made by dansk.
see below, but I'd try to wetsand and buff the one you have. Even if not perfect it's good practice if you find another that just needs a little help.

Alapone
Hey Guys,

I was able to get an original knob so im all set.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.