Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm gunna get ball busted on this Q:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
The front of the engine has two water openings and there is a third at the intake manifold.

What goes where? My new electric water pump has three openings but.... ARGHHH..... biggrin.gif
ewdysar
The opening on your intake manifold is where the t-stat goes, it's where the warmed water leaves the engine. The 2 ports on the front of the block are where the cooled water goes into the engine. So plumb the top opening to the radiator, include a tank and cap before you leave the engine compartment if you want, on the way to the inlet of the radiator. Plumb the outlet hose coming back from the radiator to the inlet side of the pump and the outlet(s) to the front of the block.

At least that's my understanding... rolleyes.gif anyone else?
Eric

messix
its a good idea to mount the purge tank to be the highest point in the cooling system. this allows you to get air out of the cooling system.
neo914-6
Roger,

where's your balls? smash.gif laugh.gif

Hope this very technical drawing helps...
914GT
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jun 30 2005, 05:36 PM)
My new electric water pump has three openings but.... ARGHHH..... biggrin.gif

You found an engine-mounted electric pump that will clear the firewall?
Dr. Roger
Felix,
LOL... Whew, still got the nads..... Thanks so much for the diagram. Now I know why the water pump has one big opening and two smaller ones. wink.gif ohmy.gif wacko.gif

Guy, believe it or not, i'm going to use a front mounted pump without using it on the front of the engine. "Why" you ask???? I ordered the wrong type of pump and realize it would take just as much time to repack, send off, and have a new one shipped as it would take to adapt the one I have right now. Either that or I'm a glutton for punishment. Probably the latter....... wink.gif

Eric and Troy, thanks for the valuable information. and not busting my balls...
Unlike Felix...... ohmy.gif laugh.gif
messix
that diagram is usefull, but still use two points to fill the cooling system. one at the radiator and one at the engine [purge tank].
this will make bleeding all the air out of the system easy.
neo914-6
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jun 30 2005, 10:14 PM)
Felix,
LOL... Whew, still got the nads..... Thanks so much for the diagram. Now I know why the water pump has one big opening and two smaller ones. wink.gif ohmy.gif wacko.gif

Guy, believe it or not, i'm going to use a front mounted pump without using it on the front of the engine. "Why" you ask???? I ordered the wrong type of pump and realize it would take just as much time to repack, send off, and have a new one shipped as it would take to adapt the one I have right now. Either that or I'm a glutton for punishment. Probably the latter....... wink.gif

Eric and Troy, thanks for the valuable information. and not busting my balls...
Unlike Felix...... ohmy.gif laugh.gif

ya know this is not current information but basically accurate... laugh.gif

Get to work, July 24th is coming up soon!
Dr. Roger
You guys are always so damn helpful. I wanna' not like U but I can't help but think y'all are OK.

July 24th????? What, where, who, why????? biggrin.gif

Tomorrow bebe gets a preliminary electrical check up. Start the rad mounts... more? =-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.