Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor jack has lost its umph!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
Well my trusty floor jack seems not only to not hold weight anymore but it also doesnt jack.
It seems like the fluid is gone or something.

Can these be serviced or fixed at home?
Joe Bob
Could be low on fluid....is it a major brand? They may have a rebuild kit with seals....
bd1308
mine was doing the same thing...you gotta find out what fluid the jack uses...i *THINK* it's brake fluid...DEFINATELY not hydraulic oil....i *KNOW* what that stuff is like....I hauled a denist chair to Goodwill laugh.gif and it poured out all over the U-Haul ramp...it was real sticky and viscous. The jack stuff is thinner...alot thinner
echocanyons
Allied 2 1/2 ton

thanks Ill searchfor a kit

Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jun 30 2005, 06:06 PM)
mine was doing the same thing...you gotta find out what fluid the jack uses...i *THINK* it's brake fluid...DEFINATELY not hydraulic oil....i *KNOW* what that stuff is like....I hauled a denist chair to Goodwill laugh.gif and it poured out all over the U-Haul ramp...it was real sticky and viscous. The jack stuff is thinner...alot thinner

are you f'n serious?? laugh.gif

DEFINATELY not hydraulic oil

wonder why they are called Hydraulic floor jacks??.....maybe they use Maple flavored pancake syrup instead......

bd1308
okay dood. I'm not the expert....i'm just trying to help out.

and yes I was serious about the dentist chair..... the second one was better, as I raised it all the way up before moving.
URY914
Go to NAPA and ask for a bottle of "hydraulic jack oil".
It is made for hydraulic jacks.
Thats why it is called hydraulic jack oil.
There is a bleeder screw on your hydraulic jack somewhere.
That's were you squirt in the hydraulic jack oil.
Don't drink hydraulic jack oil.
It is made for hydraulic jacks.

beer3.gif screwy.gif ohmy.gif idea.gif happy11.gif confused24.gif aktion035.gif

Paul
Allan
Jack Oil..........

That just sounds weird. blink.gif
bd1308
Jack Oil......not just for goats.
URY914
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jun 30 2005, 05:39 PM)
Jack Oil..........

That just sounds weird. blink.gif

Ask NAPA counter guy for jack oil.
But when he says "Follow me"
Don't.

biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
And don't use jack oil in your brakes. Speaking of Jacko, his fans seem to be gone from here, all except for one who has to go to court for violating a restraining order against approaching and threatening a particular newsman .............
The Cap'n, hijackoing this thread, arrrrrrrrrrh ..............
Mueller
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 30 2005, 07:19 PM)
And don't use jack oil in your brakes. Speaking of Jacko, his fans seem to be gone from here, all except for one who has to go to court for violating a restraining order against approaching and threatening a particular newsman .............
The Cap'n, hijackoing this thread, arrrrrrrrrrh ..............

Hey John,

If you ask nicely, they might be willing to hold the Civil suit there for your pleasure smile.gif

Rand
I'm not the expert....i'm just trying to help out.

Doh! The irony. If your answer is not certain, it isn't helpful.

hijacked.gif
I wish there was a magic filter that could hide all messages with bogus info. (No offense intended. Actually, that filter would block ALL of my messages... biggrin.gif )

But there's just enough junk mixed in here and there to make it tough to know what to believe. I wish people would only offer advice if they knew what they were talking about. Ok, this just hit me at the right (wrong) time. I'm done now.
bd1308
people should know not to actually believe what i say.
Rand
Britt, I love ya man.
hijacked.gif
Where are you with your 914???
points... pertronix... yada...
Hope things are runnin'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.