Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help--Radio Removal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gjames
I am trying to remove the radio in the my 76 914. I believe it is an ALPINE(see Pic). I tried using the blade type keys but it didn't move. Ideas?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(gjames @ Oct 17 2019, 11:57 AM) *

I am trying to remove the radio in the my 76 914. I believe it is an ALPINE(see Pic). I tried using the blade type keys but it didn't move. Ideas?

is there anything bolted behind the radio? You could look underneath the dash and see
gjames
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 17 2019, 02:07 PM) *

QUOTE(gjames @ Oct 17 2019, 11:57 AM) *

is there anything bolted behind the radio? You could look underneath the dash and see

I looked but didn't see any additional attachments.
porschetub
There could still be a mounting strap which fits on a stud or bolt into the back of the unit then on to the car body,it would be hard to see,I fitted one to my Blaupunkt because the din mounting frame was loose in the dash.
Make sure the removal keys are indeed the right ones,there are different types from brand to brand headbang.gif ,I have lost the keys before and made my own using thin sheetmetal.
bbrock
Agree with making sure you have the right keys and also that they are inserted all the way. They have to go in far enough to push the sleeve locking tabs out and can catch on the way in and feel like they are bottomed out when they are not. If that doesn't work, you may have to get under the dash with a head lamp and pry the locking tabs away from the radio body with a screw driver, or better, a plastic pry tool. Once you get the head unit out, you can bend the locking tabs back so to their original position.
gjames
Got it out!!!! Thanks for the responses.
theer
Please reveal your secrets! So this thread has some value to the next person would finds it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.