Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billet Hub Studs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I bought the 5 lug Billet hubs from Brad back in the day. I’m seeking the stud length from someone that has installed or worked with them.
I’m going to add spacers and would like to order longer studs before pulling the hubs.
914Sixer
Thinking they were set up for stock 45mm hubs. Just add the thickness of the spacer you are going to use to the 45 mm.
mepstein
Didn’t Mike Mueller design them?
@Mueller
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 17 2019, 06:15 PM) *

Thinking they were set up for stock 45mm hubs. Just add the thickness of the spacer you are going to use to the 45 mm.

Thicker
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 17 2019, 06:28 PM) *

Didn’t Mike Mueller design them?
@Mueller

Tried Mike.
Need someone who currently has them....
SirAndy
Just add up the thickness of the hub, the thickness of the spacer, the thickness of the wheel center mounting surfaces and add enough to get full thread engagement on the lug nuts you are going to use.

shades.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 17 2019, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 17 2019, 06:15 PM) *

Thicker

Can you just measure the hubs and add the difference from a normal hub.
jcd914
The rule of thumb I was taught is, steel on steel you want thread engagement at least equal to the diameter of the stud and steel on aluminum you want 1.5 times the diameter of the stud.

So for a 14mmm stud you want a minimum of 21mm engagement into the aluminum hub and 14mm engagement into the lug nut if it is steel and 21mm of you have aluminum lug nuts.

So 35mm or 42mm plus the thickness of the spacer you're going to use plus the thickness of the wheels you're using. I would include some additional length so I could have more thread engagement than minimum.

What wheels are you running and what spacers are you going to use?

Jim
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 17 2019, 08:20 PM) *

What wheels are you running and what spacers are you going to use?

Jim

Thanks: Wheels currently are Fuchs 16 x 6, spacers are 10mm
infraredcalvin
I’m not too far from you, met you once at my office in fashion island (I bought something off you, I forget what it was). I have a few sets of different lengths and a few different spacer widths. Your welcome to borrow and figure out what you need.

I’ll be working on my car next week Thurs and Fri, you’re welcome to come by the shop in Santa margarita and test it all there too...

PM me if any of that works...

Pat
garrettlee2
What's the deal with the 4 lug hubs? I have been looking for that exact thing. Are you coming to G and R if so could you bring one?
jim_hoyland
The 4 lug billet sets came and went years ago as well as the 5 lug sets, which I have on the car now. It was a great upgrade at the time; the SC vented rotors bolted up to the hubs and the wider 911M calipers could be installed. Very good for stopping !
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Oct 18 2019, 08:33 PM) *

I’ll be working on my car next week Thurs and Fri, you’re welcome to come by the shop in Santa margarita and test it all there too...

PM me if any of that works...

Pat

Thanks for the offer, I’ll get back with you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.