Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feeling lonely in a crowd, so small
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Garland
Feeling pretty lonely here, in Petosky, northern Michigan. So much unlike a Okteenerfest parking lot in North Carolina.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
unsure.gif
Lucky9146
That is a cool pic! Love to see these cars being driven and out in the wild. Congrats to you! beerchug.gif
A former Michigander myself, I too have a white GT flared car here in So Cal, so did a double take at your pic. smile.gif
Was just in MI for 2 weeks and never saw a 914. confused24.gif
Will try to make contact next trip in a year or two.
driving.gif white914.jpg
sixnotfour
av-943.gif
GaroldShaffer
I know how you feel. My daily driver in the parking lot at work. I work part time at a Peterbilt dealer. Trying parking next to the BIG TRUCKS. blink.gif
rgalla9146
Ah.....Petosky, Mi.
Bought a VW R32 there in dead of winter.
Still have it.
Our 914s are so small compared to almost anything on the road today.
Great pic.

Rleog
Petosky. I stopped at the Panera there to pick up coffee and a pastry as I headed south from Cheboygan, where I visited good friends. It would have been fun to bump into you there. Great to see a 914 in use on Northern Michigan roads.
Garland
And it’s officially cold
Today we’re driving “ The tunnel of trees“ and a few others, Video to follow.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 18 2019, 06:04 AM) *

Great pic.

Modern cars and trucks have become an arms race. Everyone thinks bigger is "safer". That is true up to a point but only if you collide with a smaller vehicle.

My next daily driver vehicle is going to be a used Mack dump truck. I won't be allowing those "big" SUV's and RAM 3500's outsize me no sir. No point in bringing a knife to a gun fight! av-943.gif laugh.gif

StarBear
QUOTE(Garland @ Oct 18 2019, 08:28 AM) *

And it’s officially cold

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Great pics and story. Wonderful for the license plate to start with "914", too! Too cool (given the ice in the pic above, pun intended).
TJB/914
QUOTE(Garland @ Oct 18 2019, 08:28 AM) *

And it’s officially cold

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hey guys,
I live in Petoskey too happy11.gif Who are you guys?? unsure.gif
My 914 is in storage in Plymouth & will be a full time Petoskey resident next spring.
chowtime.gif I know where a few are stashed in barns popcorn[1].gif
Tom
Garland
Hi Tom.

We had to stop and try some.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Fall in Michigan

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
This just got a bit more coincidental.
My now finished project car.
Same size as yours.....color too.
TJB/914
Garland & other locals. idea.gif

Great looking 914. The tunnel of trees on M-119 is twisty and fun. We were there up past Cross Village at Wilderness State Park last weekend and it was busy and beautiful.
This area is becoming the Redneck Rivera of Michigan. If you are still in the Petoskey Wineries area select the Marquette Grape IT Grape Awards wine. It's a special hardy grape winning international awards specially grown in the area.

Lets plan a trip next year when my 914 is at our new home in Petoskey.

Tom
Gatornapper
Beautiful.

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 18 2019, 04:27 PM) *

This just got a bit more coincidental.
My now finished project car.
Same size as yours.....color too.

xperu
QUOTE(Garland @ Oct 18 2019, 04:14 PM) *

A Clod glass of cider would really taste good. I haven't cider for many years. drunk.gif Mike Kelly
brcacti
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 18 2019, 03:04 AM) *

Ah.....Petosky, Mi.
Still have it.
Great pic.

YES, so tiny, I had forgotten just how tiny they were. When age 29 when I first owned one it was so easy to get into them but now at age 66, I have to carefully CRAWL into one of them. Seems the older you get the harder it is to crawl into something. I'm better at sitting at the computer now type.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
even tinier Click to view attachment
Garland
Video:

914 and the Truck of Logs

OK its not the tunnel of trees, but I just had to post this from yesterdays drive.

(I goofed on the date in the video)

Tunnel of Trees video to follow

I think there are 914 in Michigan that would come out, for a midwest Michigan local event next year. At least for a drive, and a cider!
StarBear
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 19 2019, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Oct 18 2019, 03:04 AM) *

Ah.....Petosky, Mi.
Still have it.
Great pic.

YES, so tiny, I had forgotten just how tiny they were. When age 29 when I first owned one it was so easy to get into them but now at age 66, I have to carefully CRAWL into one of them. Seems the older you get the harder it is to crawl into something. I'm better at sitting at the computer now type.gif

Indeed, but at least we can "fall" into them -- it's getting OUT of them that's gotten SO much harder...
mepstein
I used to drive my 914 during my senior year of high school. Back then, other kids had some fun little cars like Triumph Spitfires and MG's. The 914 didn't seem that small. Now that everyone has SUV's and in my area, big pickups, my 914 looks like a bug, ready to get crushed. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.