Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throwing away the trailing arms for a "real"...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
gotta love this suspension:

user posted image
Mueller
more sweetness wub.gif

user posted image
tat2dphreak
ohmy.gif pray.gif you make it work... thenI'll call you the man! I think the heat's gotten to you though... wink.gif

it's gorgeous though
spare time toys
So what/ who is it from?? Looks nice and that cooling ductwork smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
keen observers will notice how one adjusts the toe and camber smash.gif pray.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 30 2005, 09:32 PM)
keen observers will notice how one adjusts the toe and camber smash.gif pray.gif

you don't have to be THAT keen... you did everything but put big red arrows... wink.gif now, what's it from?
boxstr
They did a road test of the swedish super car last night on Top Gear. Top speed is 240+ mph. A really really beautiful car.
Kewl when the doors are opened.
If you ever have a chance to see one in person, don't hesitate.
CCLINSWEDISHPANCAKES
drew365
Looks expensive. I don't think that's allowed in my class. I'm assuming that's not a four cylinder up front.
airsix
Isn't it amazing that those seemingly fragile hub attachment points hold back 800hp! (Yes, they have an 800hp version of that car).

-Ben M.
redshift
I can't wait for the thread where MM explains how he adapted motorcycle parts..

smile.gif

M
jgiroux67
The front and rear view of that car look good but from the side it looks terrible.
Britain Smith
Jason has that boxster suspension mocked up on the back of a 914.

-Britain
Jeroen
for something as expensive/exotic as a Koenigsegg you'd expect the engine/tranny combo to be a rigid part of the chassis (instead of building a frame around it, like the pics show)

Toughest part to fabricate would be the upright

But how about the rear suspension of the Beck 904 replica?
Saw the pics in Excellence and it looked good (plus it is ready to use porsche axles, brakes etc.)
ClayPerrine
How about this....

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

From a 2000 996. It should work good under the back end of a 914. Plus it has a park brake setup, big brakes and best of all, it's a Porsche part.

Brett W
give me a couple of months to get back into the shop. Heres and early screen shot of my setup.
john rogers
Ron Mistak's GT-1 914 has the complete rear suspension from a 993 (I think or 996?) grafted to the rear fire wall of his car. Originally included the trans but now has a custome box from Fortin/Hewland. That would be the easiest way to do it I think, just cut off the back and then add the late model alloy assembly. It was covered pretty well in an old issue of Excellence.
brer
I once saw a 356 with 944 rear suspension in it.
Looked cool, but I was not allowed to drive it. happy11.gif
airsix
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 1 2005, 04:36 AM)
How about this....

user posted image

If I live long enought to get around to it I plan on doing exactly that.
I love 914's, but the rear suspension design is ca-ca.

-Ben M.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (airsix @ Jul 1 2005, 08:15 AM)
How about this....

-Ben M.

Dude! that looks like a near bolt in! idea.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jul 1 2005, 10:19 AM)
How about this....

-Ben M.

I know. I want to build a 914 with a VW W12 motor, a boxster 6 speed, and a 996 rear suspension. Put coilovers and 996 brakes on the front.

wub.gif driving.gif
airsix
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 1 2005, 08:22 AM)
I know. I want to build a 914 with a VW W12 motor, a boxster 6 speed, and a 996 rear suspension. Put coilovers and 996 brakes on the front.

wub.gif driving.gif

And after you've done all that some numb-nuts will still have the gall to say "you can't put A/C in it, and if you do it won't work very well." laugh.gif Most people just don't get that some people can do anything. I look forward to seeing your future projects. aktion035.gif Rock On, Clay.

-Ben M.
TravisNeff
That would sure be cool to do that! I see that the springs/shocks are close to being upright, and if you try to use the upper mounts as the 914 has, it looks like there will be interference with the upper arm. But you are going to be doing some fab work anyway - might as well do the rear in tube frame
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jul 1 2005, 08:19 AM)
How about this....

-Ben M.

Only from Rick...... LOL laugh.gif

OK Rick, if "We" are going to do it right, here are 2 thought provoking pics. Let's do it!!! biggrin.gif You build and I'll help. wink.gif
Dr. Roger
hgjgjghj
Dr. Roger
kllk
Dr. Roger
Can you say, "Monocoque "???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.