Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Corvette C8 vs 718 vs 914 cargo space
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
I was just reading a Car & Driver article on the Porsche 718 vs the new Corvette C8 combined front and rear trunk cargo space.
Porsche = 15 cubic ft / Corvette = 13 cubic ft. Anyone have the combined cargo space number for the 914 ? May the best mid-engine car win !
Click to view attachment
dan10101
Well, it's a good thing you can get the kids home from school... rolleyes.gif
billh1963
I'm really excited about the new C8. ALMOST put down a deposit on one. Then, figured I better wait and let other people be the first year guinea pigs. I'll wait for the second year build... I'm pretty sure will be 1LT, Z51, and Magnetic ride control. Color is TBD...but really like rapid blue
Betty
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 18 2019, 12:40 PM) *

I was just reading a Car & Driver article on the Porsche 718 vs the new Corvette C8 combined front and rear trunk cargo space.
Porsche = 15 cubic ft / Corvette = 13 cubic ft. Anyone have the combined cargo space number for the 914 ? May the best mid-engine car win !
Click to view attachment

According to the "Space Porsche" ad, 16 cubic feet (non air conditioned).
Maltese Falcon
16 cu feet...well in that case, C&D magazine was smart NOT too include the 914 in the comparison...WIN biggrin.gif
snakemain
But with the Vette can you load the rear area full of groceries and, when you get home, have a cooked meal? lol-2.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
SKL1
Back in the early '70's my dad and would take either my or his 914 to various tracks in the midwest (Road America obviously being our favourite) and camp. We'd show up at the campsite, set up the big tent, sleeping bags, etc and then people would look at our car.... and ask where the trailer was.
Even smuggled my BIL into the infield of Daytona for the 24 hour race in the front trunk after taking out the spare!
Gatornapper
Oh goody! I sent the C&D article to my oldest son who had a C5 from 2000 to 2005 - he makes a very nice income as an IT genius who heads R&D for an international IT firm - and he said in a few years when he can get a 3 year old C8 he's going to get one. piratenanner.gif

He learned from me to never buy new - but 2 - 3 years old, low mileage, still under original warranty - let someone else take the big initial depreciation hit.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Oct 20 2019, 10:01 AM) *

Oh goody! I sent the C&D article to my oldest son who had a C5 from 2000 to 2005 - he makes a very nice income as an IT genius who heads R&D for an international IT firm - and he said in a few years when he can get a 3 year old C8 he's going to get one. piratenanner.gif

He learned from me to never buy new - but 2 - 3 years old, low mileage, still under original warranty - let someone else take the big initial depreciation hit.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

With the UAW / GM strike at present , myself having experienced buying a new '69 Camaro SS built at the Van Nuys plant during a strike...wise to steer clear of the first issue C8. It took me 6 months to get warranty work & privately paid shops to get her right. Let the collectors buy the first issues...grab a 2nd year production Vette, if they're not striking again biggrin.gif
preach
QUOTE(snakemain @ Oct 20 2019, 10:22 AM) *

But with the Vette can you load the rear area full of groceries and, when you get home, have a cooked meal? lol-2.gif

Same with my Cayman...
Maltese Falcon
...after all of my Camaro's GM mfg. lemons were sorted , I had myself a great daily driver, canyon carver and Sunday bracket racer at Lions dragstrip . I could set the car up on Saturday and flat tow it to the track the next day >>note the tow bar attachments just under the
Endura bumper, custom built in HS auto shop smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Gatornapper
Yes, sound advice - avoid low serial number new vehicles......

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 20 2019, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Oct 20 2019, 10:01 AM) *

With the UAW / GM strike at present , myself having experienced buying a new '69 Camaro SS built at the Van Nuys plant during a strike...wise to steer clear of the first issue C8. It took me 6 months to get warranty work & privately paid shops to get her right. Let the collectors buy the first issues...grab a 2nd year production Vette, if they're not striking again biggrin.gif

Gatornapper
NICE Camaro! Would you believe my very first new car when I was penniless and 23 was an off-the-showroom Bullitt Mustang? Got it a month before the movie came out.

Series of incredible miracles after a friend totalled my '66 Mustang 289 coupe, beginning with the insurance co. giving me way too much money for the car and a car dealer friend putting me in a '67 Buick Wildcat loaded convertible with a 454 that I didn't want - I traded the Wildcat for the new '68 plus $100 on the day the new '69 models came out, mid-Sept. of '68.

Drove it in the ground, putting over 100k miles on it in 3 years.....and in those days, a car was totally shot at 100k - and mine was too.

No pics of it, but this is exactly what it looked like (almost bought this one but couldn't keep my Cayman and it....), including the gold C stripe.....

IPB Image

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 20 2019, 11:43 AM) *

...after all of my Camaro's GM mfg. lemons were sorted , I had myself a great daily driver, canyon carver and Sunday bracket racer at Lions dragstrip . I could set the car up on Saturday and flat tow it to the track the next day >>note the tow bar attachments just under the

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Oct 20 2019, 02:32 PM) *

NICE Camaro! Would you believe my very first new car when I was penniless and 23 was an off-the-showroom Bullitt Mustang? Got it a month before the movie came out.

Series of incredible miracles after a friend totalled my '66 Mustang 289 coupe, beginning with the insurance co. giving me way too much money for the car and a car dealer friend putting me in a '67 Buick Wildcat loaded convertible with a 454 that I didn't want - I traded the Wildcat for the new '68 plus $100 on the day the new '69 models came out, mid-Sept. of '68.

Drove it in the ground, putting over 100k miles on it in 3 years.....and in those days, a car was totally shot at 100k - and mine was too.

No pics of it, but this is exactly what it looked like (almost bought this one but couldn't keep my Cayman and it....), including the gold C stripe.....

IPB Image

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 20 2019, 11:43 AM) *

Weird that the Mustang in your post is Cali plated with the JJZ 109 , which is on a Bullit style Mustang here in L.A. The owner was able to get these black plates issued to him as they were a DMV "Not in use" number and available. NOTE; same plate was on the real Bullit movie car driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.