Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 4 cylinder engine weight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdm914
Need to know what the approximate weight of a complete factory 2.0 with FI weigh for shipping purposes.
mepstein
252 with stock heat exchangers and muffler. 324 with transmission.
JeffBowlsby
From the 1971 manual.
mepstein
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 18 2019, 10:16 PM) *

From the 1971 manual.

They had to have been quoting with the trans. When my son was a teenager he helped me lift an engine and trans from the ground and into my suv. It might have been low 300's total, it sure wasn't close to 400. I got the 252 from someone who weighed the engine on a scale.
jdm914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 18 2019, 06:07 PM) *

252 with stock heat exchangers and muffler. 324 with transmission.

Thanks very much for the information. I just purchased it and need to ship it from NY to WV beerchug.gif
mepstein
I ship engines and transmissions on pallets all the time and I’ve never had a trucking company say a word about my estimated weight. They don’t seem to care about 25-50lbs or whatever the difference really is. I add in 25 for the pallet.

If you need a name, my Freightquote guy is good and very easy to set up shipment.
nditiz1
Mark's guy is probably pretty decent for rates.

I shipped a 2.0 earlier this year via YRC for $216 from MD to CA up to 450 lbs on a 37x31x5 pallet.
mepstein
Freightquote isn’t the cheapest but I can setup a pickup or delivery in 5 minutes and they seem to always do what they promise with no issues, no surprises. That’s worth it to me.

I just sent a 450 lb 3.2 from AZ to PA for $525. Residential with a lift gate on one end and commercial location on the other.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.