Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: original paisley 916 fabric
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We finally got in some original paisley 916 fabric. The original supplier to Porsche finally remade some.

As you historians know, OUR 916 originally had it in the car, but Peter Gregg did not like it so had Tony Lapine switch it to Porsche cloth which it has today, and we would be hesitant to change as it was part of the cars history. However at least we have the original fabric nowClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Bartlett 914
I can See why he didn't like it LOL.....Sorry
It is good to have some of the original stuff however
Garland
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Oct 19 2019, 02:40 PM) *

I can See why he didn't like it LOL.....Sorry
It is good to have some of the original stuff however.

agree.gif
914Sixer
That fabric was the coolest thing going at the time. 50 years later it is butt ugly.
914werke
Fantastic!. Not sure Id put it in a car, Ive seen ads but never the actual article.
Was it only ever installed in the 916 or was it available in /4 & /6 production cars ?
Mikey914
Looks like some drapes from the 70s
rick 918-S
Some of The coolest op-art fabric to ever shock the road going public. aktion035.gif Just do an optional interior you can swap in every now and then. Got any extra or a source to get 3 yards?
nein14
I be interested in buying some if it’s available
gms
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 19 2019, 10:46 AM) *

We finally got in some original paisley 916 fabric. The original supplier to Porsche finally remade some.

Nice score George!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
here is a picture from road and track of our 916 with the paisley

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 20 2019, 04:32 AM) *
Just do an optional interior you can swap in every now and then.

agree.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the very sad thing about this is that we paid 1000 euros for enough to do the two seats, as it was a special order for just two 916s! Makes it cost prohibitive. (Plus I agree with the rest is not the most attractive stuff!)

QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 20 2019, 05:27 AM) *

rick 918-S
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 21 2019, 01:56 PM) *

the very sad thing about this is that we paid 1000 euros for enough to do the two seats, as it was a special order for just two 916s! Makes it cost prohibitive. (Plus I agree with the rest is not the most attractive stuff!)

QUOTE(nein14 @ Oct 20 2019, 05:27 AM) *

I paid 350.00 plus shipping for 3 meters for the Pasha in the Alien.

1k is about right for a rare fabric like that.

I think it's groovy ya baby ya..
URY914
Click to view attachment
raynekat
I think this paisley would grow on you with time.....
Valy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 19 2019, 08:46 AM) *

As you historians know, OUR 916 originally had it in the car, but Peter Gregg did not like it so had Tony Lapine switch it to Porsche cloth which it has today, and we would be hesitant to change as it was part of the cars history. However at least we have the original fabric nowClick to view attachment Click to view attachment

Austin Powers themed car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.