Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My next project - probably not but...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
Found a local 914 project for sale. Some things look great! Many things not so great.

It is an all too familiar story. Racecar project started then owner lost interest. I'm looking at it as a maybe, possible, real long shot, V8 car.

For a car in the midwest a long like this is amazing!
Doug Leggins
This one looks pretty good too!!
Doug Leggins
Hell there's no hole!!!

The pass side hell hole is still solid metal!
Doug Leggins
Driver's side hell hole -really nice.
Doug Leggins
But then... no front fenders headbang.gif .
Doug Leggins
It looks to me that the passenger fender was cut off properly and that the driver's fender needs the removal finished, but could be finished properly.

IF, and that's a HUGE IF, I were to pick this up as a project the intent would be a solid V8, SBC smilie_pokal.gif , car that was built to be a driver. One that I would use to learn welding & painting -much lower $$ than my current project.

My question is: What fender options are available and are any of them relatively easy?
matt_o_70
one option is tweeks/mid america motorworks has fiberglass fenders $150 each.
Doug Leggins
The tub comes with some other goodies that I am more interested in. Here's one of them -metal engine tin for a six.

I am going to stop back by this weekend to get a better look at some of the other parts. Car once had a 2.0 six in it. Considering buying the project just to get some of the six parts or maybe to just part the whole lot out confused24.gif .
SpecialK
WOW! That is solid Doug! What's he asking for it? And does he deliver? wink.gif biggrin.gif

The outer fenders on my '75 parts car look solid if you're looking for a pair.
Dr Evil
I want the engine tin! That is if you wanna sell some day...

For the fenders, do you want ones off of a parts car? We here in Kalifornia could probably get you some for the low low price of nothing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.