Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats up with this car??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
This car has bee on craigslist for sometime now, anyone looked at it? Whats up. http://www.craigslist.com/sby/car/81723480.html
CCLINMYLIST
Allan
Those types of cars usually have rust issues and parts can be expensive and/or difficult to find. laugh.gif
lapuwali
I called the guy last week. It's pretty rusty. Hellhole rust, and underneath to the jacking point, with the longs separating from the tub.. It's probably salvagable, and there appear to be some decent parts on it, but it would be a real uphill battle. He doesn't know what year 911 the front end is off of. The flares are fiberglass. The Fuchs are fake (says so in the ad, confirmed on the phone). It's a 2.0 with 44IDFs on it.

One reason he's not selling it is he refuses to put up even an anonymized email address, and he isn't very good on the phone, either. Took me three tries and two messages to finally get ahold of him.

He claims to have owned upwards of 15 914s.

ematulac
I saw some pics of the interior (not sure where), and they showed no carpets and no passenger seat. I kept seeing red flags so I didn't look further into that car. He's dropped his price quite a bit though, and it may actually have enough decent parts to make it worth it.

Edit: I may have confused this car with another. The pics in the current post show both seats installed.
Tab914
Where is the car located?? confused24.gif
Dr. Roger
Sure iz purrrrdy! =-)

I'm likin' the black and the fake Fuch's. Got a welder. Don' t have the garage space though.

Weld in a long kit and a battery tray and drive the hell out of it, I say....
ematulac
It's in Campbell, CA.
TravisNeff
Check out the camber on the passenger side vs. the drivers side rear, suspension console is probably broke. Pretty car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.