Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fair price?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
What would you all consider a good price for a solid, '73-74 BP class car in GGR? (2.0L 4 banger). Car has roll bar, 5 point belts, Koni adjustables, 180LB rear springs, larger front torsion bars, adjustable front sway bar, headers, chassis stiffened...etc. Has had 5 lug conversion front and rear.
Clean rust free California car that has been a track car for many years.

Would include a second set of Fuchs 5 bolt alloys, spare running 2.0L engine and other various spares.
This is a car I am considering purchasing and want to get an idea of what the prices are like. It has been 6-7 years since my last 914.
Thanks for any positive input. cool.gif
Mueller
competitive or just in that class??

I'd say a good starting price should be $6K minimum........

grantsfo
Its so tough with these cars as pricing is all over the map. I had an opportunity to buy a 914-6 track car for $8.5k about 4 years ago and I'm still kicking myself for not getting that car. I'd say anywhere from $5K to $7K based on condition etc. If there is more than you list such as fuel cell, dual carbs in good shape etc it could go as high as $8K or even more. Tough to say without seeing the car. The spares may be worth some $$$ too. If you want to sell that spare 2.0 I may be interested!
Dead Air
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I'm just sayin...
DanT
Sorry, I presently don't have any pics of the car. I may go to check it out this weekend. I have been in contact with this car for the last 10 years and it is a very straight, rust free california car. well prepared with many good mods. I believe it also has 914-6 brakes, along with other mods. I know that pics would help but I am not asking for anything definitive just some ballpark numbers.
Thank you to to those of you that have taken the time to give me some help.
Hoping to get back into 914s since this will be my 4th.
Past 914s
1.7L
2.0L
914-6 with 2.7Rs motor
Thanks
EdwardBlume
IMO - its worth $7-8k if its in really good condition, with all the spares and stuff.

DanT
Here is a first pic of the 914 2.0L I am considering. smilie_pokal.gif
I will take some close ups when I take look/see this weekend.
By the way the spare motor is a complete rebuild that has never been used since built.
Sitting on a pallette for ~7 years.
Car also has new alternator, voltage regulator, clutch, injectors and EFI harness.
Bleyseng
Looks like the car is in the $6-8k range and the extra motor is 1-2k as its a unknown engine (who rebuilt it with what parts)

Soo, a good deal for $7-8k
DanT
As far as parts used on the rebuild, I will try to find out. It was rebuilt by a former IMSA DP 935 owner/driver. He is a great mechanic. Still timetrials occasionally with his old IMSA 935 with GGR.
The engine that is in the car presently was also built by the same person and it has been running well for over 8 years, with no signs of needing any work.
Car is a strong runner and has only been lacking a driver with a little nerve and desire to push. Current owner has been an occassional participant not a competitor.
In good hands this will be a top finisher in class in our TT series and will be a top 10 car at our AX series agianst all classes.
nine14cats
Hi Dan,

Nice to see you may get back into it. Hopefully Doris and I will be there next year as well. We could use more instruction from you! laugh.gif

I hope this one is the one.....

Thanks,

Bill and Doris P.
Trekkor
I think if you can get that car for under $10k you've done very well.

It would likely be worth just the $5-6k as a street car with no mods, if it's really nice.

People will say "too, high". And that's fine.
Take a "good" stock running 2.0 FOUR car and add all the goods this one has plus the spares.

It all adds up, even higher if you pay to have it done.

It's time to stop being cheap and realize that these cars are worth money and people want them.

The rusty ones that need a ton, another story.

KT
DanT
Thanks Trekkor,
That is kind of where I thought it might price with all the spares and mods.
I sold a BI car about 8 years ago with no where near the mods on this car for $6500 back then so 8-10K for this car would be acceptable.
I may be able to get it for around 6.5K with the spares! Including the 2nd motor!
Will be taking a look tomorrow.

Bill and Doris,
get the race car done and quit working on the "red headed orphan" wink.gif !!!!
I want to see you guys back out at the AXs and TTs.
You probably won't be in my run group with your new hotrod (too much HP)...but I will be glad to instruct you and Doris at any time.
Dan
J P Stein
Dude! It's yellow! It'll kick ass laugh.gif
grantsfo
Ooh thats a pretty one. Yeah you definitely need to buy that car. ...has a BP car placed in the top 10 this year at a GGR AX event? biggrin.gif With spares and stuff it's definitly pushing the $8-9K range.
DanT
Yes, a BP car has placed in the top ten in at least one of our AXs this season. cool.gif
Trekkor
has a BP car placed in the top 10 this year at a GGR AX event?

Ask Howard Yao wink.gif

KT
DanT
You are correct Trekkor!
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jul 3 2005, 08:45 AM)
has a BP car placed in the top 10 this year at a GGR AX event?

Ask Howard Yao wink.gif

KT

He barely slid into 10th the last AX at Alameda. and we all know he could drive his Mercedes to a top ten if he wanted. biggrin.gif He is the lone Bp car with two 10th places this year. Most of the other well driven bp cars run in top 25 from what I have seen over the past year
Trekkor
Last year at the SVR a/x at Infineon I got my best finish ( 5th ) as a BP car.
Got a top ten at Marina, too.
Usually top 25 with GGR.

Top ten is still my goal...Not easy.

hijacked.gif

Dan, get that car.

KT
DanT
Well,
I looked at the car today and forgot my camera wacko.gif
Anyway, the car is basically as stated earlier. No rust in the rear trunk, rockers, door jams, windshield base etc...
Car needs some cosmetic improvements...20 foot paint at present.
just needs some tlc. Body is solid and straight. Panels are pretty good fit overall. Front and rear hood springs still work.
headers with Laguna muffler and interchangable phase 9
Koni adjustables front and rear.
Thinking it over and checking on paint/minor body work costs.
Just want a decent paint job for a dedicated track car.
Car has always been yellow as in pic.

mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.