Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with heater not working PICTURES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
Hello, my heater is not working, I think it is because of this broken hose in picture. Hose comes from junction where orange hose and I think blower motor is, runs to the left side of car and is broke, then further left is what appears to be a cap on the other part of heater system. Does that cap need to come off and new hose connected to where the cap is now??????????

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
mepstein
the white hose is sort of a red herring. It's being used to direct heat away from something, probably the fuel pump. It doesn't have any function for heating the cabin. I would learn how the 914 heating system works and then you can see what part(s) you need to repair it. It's a pretty simple system.

*even though the engine mounted blower motor is helpful to move heat into the cabin while idling, it is not needed for the system to heat your car.
My 1.7 doesn't have the electric motor and will still get hot enough on a 20 degree day to roast you if you want.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2019, 11:38 AM) *
the white hose is sort of a red herring. It's being used to direct heat away from something, probably the fuel pump. It doesn't have any function for heating the cabin. I would learn how the 914 heating system works and then you can see what part(s) you need to repair it. It's a pretty simple system.

agree.gif
That cardboard hose does not belong there at all ...

The "cap" you are seeing is supposed to be there. It allows heat to escape when you have the heat to the cabin turned off.
idea.gif
rhodyguy
I think mark is right. Prob to dump hot air to the rear of the car when the heat valves are closed rather than a hot air gun blowing on the pump. How you have the dash air controls set effects the air temp. the engine fan does the bulk of the work when you're driving. There should be small doors on both sides at the outlets on the bottom of the fan shroud. Engine fan air closes the doors when it is greater than the aux fan air. Remove the orange hoses and check the valves to ensure functionality. You should be able to operate them by hand.
brcacti
Thanks to all for their help, I was under looking at it, everything seems to be in order, I think as one person mentioned the open tubing was to keep heat away from the fuel pump near the side of the car I think anyway. I moved the valves manually and did not see a problem. It appears I did not have the heater on correctly with the controls will further check that and let you all know. Can't see any problems under the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.