Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Value of a 69 911T 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
The project that I am considering buying comes with a completely disassembled 1969 911T 2.0 six engine that was originally in a sportomatic car. I don't think that this is an engine that I would ever use in a six project. So if I got the engine my intent would be to sell it. I have not seen it yet, but will this weekend.

Anyone have a swag on what this engine is worth?

Anything in particular to look for among the engine parts to determine if is is worth any bucks or not?

Thanks
Doug Leggins
I forgot to include "engine" in the title of this post.

If an admin reads this please correct the title to "Value of a 69 911T 2.0 engine".

Thanks
Joe Bob
If it has webers, it's worth about 1200 bucks...the value of the webers. Zeniths.....200 max.....

Small bore sixes are cheap....I got a running complete "S" for 2500, a long block 2.2 T for 1500...
Hawktel
I'd say 2 grand if it has everything.
goose2
I recently sold a core 2.0 with no carbs for 1300...it was an early aluminum case though.
lapuwali
A disassembled engine is certainly going to be worth a good bit less than a fully assembled one. I've seen 2.4 T engines offered for as little as $1500 recently (with a usable MFI pump!), so a 2.0 might easily only fetch $1K. A factory engine would have had Zenith carbs on it, so Webers are unlikely.
ArtechnikA
'69T... early mag case, no piston squirters, noncounterweighted crank, non-nitrided rods... take what you can get. The Good News is that since it's all apart, you can mike the crank and all the care bores and ensure they are all in the standard range - that way, it wouldn't be quite the crapshoot for someone needing an early core. (if the crank is not perfect std-std, it's probably good for a lamp.)

the guys looking for little motors tend to want either the aluminum case or the 73.5 7R mag case. anybody building a performance engine will want the counterweighted crank (even though they are heavier).

IMO - measure and document everything, then send it to EBay and let the market speak. you have (almost) nothing to lose...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.