Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: A new way to conduct transactions potentially free of charge.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I've been using an app called the Cash app to send money to the kids. As long as you leave the money in place for a day, they don't charge either party.
I think* it belongs to Square? anyway, I've used it without problem for a year or so. Nicho told me about it... biggrin.gif
Chi-town
I just use zelle, it's built in to most of the banking apps now
iankarr
I really like escrow.com. Easy to set up milestone payments and great to know all funds are available pending satisfaction of terms.
Optimusglen
I use Cash App occasionally, to note though, it's not really for purchase transactions online. If there's a problem you can file a dispute with PayPal and it'll get resolved. With Cash App just hope that the person you're dealing with is an upstanding member of the community.
914werke
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Oct 22 2019, 05:01 AM) *
If there's a problem you can file a dispute with PayPal and it'll get resolved.

stromberg.gif filing a dispute with PP in NO way assures you youll ever see your money or product again!
mepstein
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 22 2019, 12:42 PM) *

stromberg.gif filing a dispute with PP in NO way assures you youll ever see your money or product again!

agree.gif I’ve had to dispute the dispute. It’s better than sending cash to someone you don’t know but disputes can go either way with no rhyme or reason. If you don’t trust the person on the other end, paypal isn’t the fix. When it comes to people I don’t know, I never send more money than I can afford to loose.
Optimusglen
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 22 2019, 11:42 AM) *

That is true, but there's a better chance than when using Cash App. I've had to dispute via PayPal a few times and got my money back for an item 3/4 times. If I had been using cash App for those items it would assuredly be 0/4 times.

BUT, 914World seems to be pretty close knit, for a lot of the stuff on here I see no reason why Cash App can't be a useful tool.
jd74914
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Oct 22 2019, 01:39 PM) *

That is true, but there's a better chance than when using Cash App. I've had to dispute via PayPal a few times and got my money back for an item 3/4 times. If I had been using cash App for those items it would assuredly be 0/4 times.

agree.gif Same is true of Venmo. Once the money is gone, it's gone. Absolutely no recourse. It's actually even gone if someone sends it to a phone number that doesn't exist.
914werke
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 22 2019, 01:04 PM) *
agree.gif Same is true of Venmo. Once the money is gone, it's gone. Absolutely no recourse. It's actually even gone if someone sends it to a phone number that doesn't exist.

Venmo is (owned by) Paypal wacko.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 22 2019, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 22 2019, 01:04 PM) *

Venmo is (owned by) Paypal wacko.gif

Yep, but effectively free. It's the app of choice for P2P money transfers around here.
914werke
huh.gif Around here?
VaccaRabite
I use PP and Zelle.
Zelle only goes for moving money between family. PP is used for online purchases.

Agreed the PP recourse isn't a guarantee to get money back in a dispute, but if so that would lead to abuse (and sellers would stop using it - I know I would). But the dispute process does give recourse. With Zelle and others, you get NOTHING.

Zach
90quattrocoupe
I have been using Paypal for almost 20 years. Sure has made life a lot simpler than having to send checks for stuff, from individuals. I have very rarely had a problem.
The other thing I like about Paypal, is with my particular bank CC I can use the points from the card on Paypal.
When someone buys something from me, I can use the funds on Paypal for the shipping from the Post Office. Do it all at home, pay the USPS with Paypal, print the label and package the item. Drop it off at the Post Office.

Greg W.
jd74914
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 22 2019, 03:36 PM) *

huh.gif Around here?

Sorry-I meant geographically around me (Northeast).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.