Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chalon is all one color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
skline
Well, the car is all one color now. Its still drying right now. But here she is in all white primer.
skline
#2 pic
Allan
clap.gif Cool. I can't wait to see it finished.
skline
Pic #3
neo914-6
Tease! primer is NOT color! laugh.gif
skline
Pic #4
markb
Excellent!
skline
One for Sir Andy
Allan
Who's white car is that?
skline
That's Richards car, V6914, he stopped by to chat for a bit.
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Scott, What color is it going to be?
skline
I have decided to go with a very bright white.
Elliot_Cannon
The white looks good Scott. Maybe you should finish it that color. Or is white the absence of color? Did we ever settle that one?
Cheers, Elliot

Oops. I didn't see your last post. Good choice.
skline
I am going to paint the whole car white, and then do something special on the front and rear decklids. I dont care if anyone likes it, it is what I want to do and if I dont like I can easily redo it. biggrin.gif
Series9
You should put some Chevy racin' stripes on it. cool.gif
Elliot_Cannon
We talkin stripes?
Elliot
skline
Nope, no stripes, something else. You will just have to wait and see
Doug Leggins
I've never seen a Chalon car, other than in pics. Everytime that I see pics of one that is put together well, I like them more and more.

Your car is looking great!

Good job Scott!
phantom914
I think Scott's going to paint Aztec murals. biggrin.gif

Andrew
skline
QUOTE (Doug Leggins @ Jun 30 2005, 08:36 PM)
I've never seen a Chalon car, other than in pics. Everytime that I see pics of one that is put together well, I like them more and more.

Your car is looking great!

Good job Scott!

I have seen so many that were slapped together and they didnt take the time to line everything up correctly and they would have gaps along the front bumper and looked like crap. This one I spent some time on making it right. No gaps.
Elliot_Cannon
Man you gotta put stripes or something on it. Otherwise it's gonna look like a Maytag.
Cheers, Elliot
Allan
Here is what the front hood will look like.

Rand
no stripes, something else. You will just have to wait and see

"To be continued..." And it's such a good episode too! Cruel, you are.
Nice work Scott. You'll always be glad you took the extra time and effort to get things lined up straight. smilie_pokal.gif
phantom914
Here's some of what Scott has planned:
phantom914
And this. That's enough for now. i don't want to ruin his surprise.
mrihop
Wow Scott, looking great! I'll have to stop by one on a day off...
Aaron Cox
aztec women... LOL
StratPlayer
Airbrush a portrait of SAM on the Hood.
JB 914
Naw, he's just going to leave it primer and let the taggers hit it while he works at the port. then he can just respray it white primer until a true "artist" hits it right lol2.gif lol2.gif

Just kiddin Scotty. looking good. i am in on the Sooper Sekrit Paint Schema. my lips are sealed. wink.gif
Series9
Something like this for haulin' the mail:
skline
Well, as I said, it still needs lots of work. With it all one color, I can see every imperfection on the body. Lots to do yet but it's a start. The way it was, I couldnt see 1/4 of the problems but now they stick out like a fart in church. From 20 feet away, it doesnt look very bad at all though. cool_shades.gif
skline
I cant believe that Slits or Zois have not made a comment, I keep waiting for the bag on the Chalon comments from those two.

Anytime guys, I can take it. biggrin.gif
Rand
but now they stick out like a fart in church

Nice metaphor bro! I'm gonna fart in church this Sunday just to see what happens! SBD, or let' r' rip??? biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
If the fastest cars have primer on them. In your case the whole car is primer so, That thing must be REALLY fast!!!!!

Personally I think you should paint it Delphi Green Metallic....

Seriously, looking real good. smilie_pokal.gif

skline
Well, no work this morning so I am going to put the car together and take it out for a drive. See if I can put a few miles on it this weekend. Hopefully I will get to work tonight so I only have till 2 to work on it. I iwll have to check in around 3. I will post pictures of it all back together.

Still no comments from Ron or Mike, I hope they are ok, thats not like them.
Joe Bob
Looks fine to me....I LIKE white.... flipa.gif
neo914-6
What happened to the Redawg one-piece headlight panels? I like em... rolleyes.gif

White will look great with the black "rubber" graphics. I may have a pic of one in my archives. I recommend the turbo stone guards too...

Engman
Looks really nice! you have ade your Chalon kit come out looking really good. One of the better fit ups I have seen. I think you will turn heads with it!

Now - on to Skline Chalon 2........... after all two are better than one!

M
mharrison
Maybe something like this on the decklids:

user posted image
skline
Yeah, good idea, make a game board on the rear trunk so when we all get bored, we could play chess or checkers. NOT!!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (skline @ Jul 1 2005, 12:35 PM)
Yeah, good idea, make a game board on the rear trunk so when we all get bored, we could play chess or checkers. NOT!!

Now I am thinking about Mel Brooks "History of the World, Part 1". The chess game at the palace in France.

"Knight Jumps Queen"
"Pawn Jumps Queen"

"Everyone jumps Queen.....Orgy"

Between this and the taco bumping we are rapidly degenerating into an R rating.

mueba.gif aktion035.gif happy11.gif w00t.gif
spunone
Startin to look really nice Scott just don't know how you do all you do with helpin out everyone and doing your own thing.You be DA MAN smilie_pokal.gif
bperry
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 30 2005, 09:32 PM)
I am going to paint the whole car white, and then do something special on the front and rear decklids. I dont care if anyone likes it, it is what I want to do and if I dont like I can easily redo it. biggrin.gif

Oh, oh..... I know..... I know......
(Scott, don't hate me, It just seemed a bit too easy... biggrin.gif )

--- bill
skline
Well, here are the pictures of what it looked like today when I put a lot of the stuff back on. Still lots left to put back on and in but I drove it around today to a few jobs like this. I even got a compliment from a stranger that it was a nice car. Just wait till it's all done.

skline
Actually, that looks pretty cool, do it to yours first and we will see how everyone reacts.

Next
Mrs. K
lol2.gif chairfall.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif

The "Chalon de' Brittney"

Lisa lol3.gif
skline
Next
skline
Next
skline
One more
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif All kidding aside, Scott....it looks really nice!
Good work. Are you bringing to Joe's on Sunday?

Lisa clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.