Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo Cable Rant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
WTF is up with the speedo cables the last few years? Does Porsche think that our cars are stretching? These things are long, and sag underneath the car. Yeah, you can zip-tie them up, but that's not the point. They should fit.

-Rusty
Bleyseng
Hey Rusty! did you get the wrong one for your car?? The six one is different from the four one..

Geoff
Lawrence
I think it's the right one... I put it in a couple of months ago.

BTW, why would a /6 tailshifter speedo cable be different from a /4 tailshifter speedo cable?

-Rusty
Bleyseng
GOT YA!!!

beer.gif

Geoff
Lawrence
Making me wonder if I know what I'm talking about.... pissoff.gif
campbellcj
Isn't the speedo angle drive in the same spot on all the shifters? (I dunno...no experience with the tailshifters at all).

My speedo has coincidentally been dead for a few weeks too. I suppose I should fix it one of these days.

I can just imagine being pulled over and when the officer asks "do you know how fast you were going?", I'd say "actually, I have no clue...is 5000 rpm's in 4th gear too fast?" calvin.gif
Bleyseng
The speedo angle drive is in the same location on both trannys.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Porsche doesnt make them.

Call the manufacturer and piss and moan like I do. LOL

I told Terry Cable their clutch cables where too long.

They changed them and sent me a new one.

B
Lawrence
Next time, I'll get a Terry Cable... if they've fixed the length issue.

I just don't want the cable to "bunch up" and start binding or putting unwanted stress on a speedo, especially considering I'm about to send all my gauges in to be redone.

(I want to get the car driving first, though.)

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.