Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Experiment in manufacturing fail
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Ran across these. Mirror acrylic, didn't work out as planned.
jfort
Rix 914parts has plastic rain shields.

https://www.rix914parts.com/store/p34/RIX_C...r%29-Clear.html

I bought and recently installed. No affiliation
Mikey914
Yes we do make the rain hats in a higher quality plastic. for both 4 and 6.

You are pointing at the 6 version that we do also make, but currently can sell only to the one customer we make them for.

The 4 version we make is here -
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/c...-rain-hat-set-1

It's resistant to gasoline / but is paint able also.

I just was remembering how they formed so nicely and the "mirror" didn't fair so well.
campbellcj
Timely topic as I just saw these at Zuffenhausen 2 a few weeks back and was intrigued. I like the clear flat-top more than rain shields, and it's really unlikely my car will see rain action (I have metal rainshields in storage and metal flat-tops normally on the car).

IPB Image
Literati914
I've wanted a set of rain hats with a proper wrinkle/crinkle paint finish in black.. but those clear ones are really cool, might like those better idea.gif IF someone made them for the /4 cylinder webers (hint, hint..)
GeorgeRud
In case of a backfire, I was always concerned about plastic catching fire. I remember a friend’s 914-6 having a bad engine fire when a backfire caused the stock plastic air cleaner to catch fire.
Mikey914
The flat cleat no problem, wouldn't be too expensive either. The problem is not the plastic as the ignition point is 580c, so if that's a problem you have something else going on. If the stock intake set up was poly-E it's still 348C. The paper filter elements would be more likely to ignite.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Oct 23 2019, 06:23 AM) *

I've wanted a set of rain hats with a proper wrinkle/crinkle paint finish in black.. but those clear ones are really cool, might like those better idea.gif IF someone made them for the /4 cylinder webers (hint, hint..)

The silver ones are for a 4.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.