Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ummm, OK Anybody Seen this? 914.2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cdmcse
Scari Porsche 914.2

Not sure what they were going for, but it looks like they made it into a fiero.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (cdmcse @ Jun 30 2005, 10:05 PM)
Scari Porsche 914.2

Not sure what they were going for, but it looks like they made it into a fiero.

dont do drugs kids.... wacko.gif unsure.gif icon8.gif smoke.gif
redshift
Yes. Paul Heery wants that.

icon8.gif

M
Aaron Cox
For Skline

Early Chalon??? ohmy.gif laugh.gif
scruz914
Unfortunately, there is no law against bad taste. wacko.gif
skline
That thing looks like caca, I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole. barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
PatW
I dont get it.. wacko.gif
balljoint
That thing is awesome.

Designed by Mad Max's cousin Larry, who never did anything to warrant a nickname.

"the 914 Rankle is a road machine designed to suck on asphault."

I'm pretty sure it would "suck" on any road surface.

wacko.gif
Brent
QUOTE (balljoint @ Jul 1 2005, 03:39 AM)
I'm pretty sure it would "suck" on any road surface.

wacko.gif

LMFAO....SWEEET! Needed a damn good laugh!

Is that Aluminum siding doubling as rocker panels? I guess it is lighter. barf.gif
bmcwilli
Sir,

Just out down the pop rivet gun, back away from the slavage venetian blinds, and no one else needs to get hurt.
bd1308
its not yellow. it's not fast.
ClayPerrine
I think they misspelled "Scary"

The poor thing... I would buy it just to put it back to stock.

Joe Bob
F U G L Y

mharrison
I have seen the future of #4..................
Demick
Call me crazy, but I kind of like it. And in general, I dislike any body kit I have ever seen for the 914. I even dislike 916 bumpers.

But in this case, I kind of like what he did with it. Obviously the workmanship leaves a lot to be desired as many parts do not fit well and look slapped on. But if you step back and just look at the overall styling, it's not too bad. From the cut out wheelwells to the Elise rear end I think it kind of works.

Do I love it? No. Would I want it? No. But has horrible as other attempts to transform a 914 have been, I think this one is at least interesting and different.

What I really want to see is how the biforcated targa top works.

Demick
Katmanken
Don't just look at the car...

The rest of the site is pretty scari too.....Exhumations anyone? blink.gif

Ken
mudfoot76
From the site -- 'It is also recognized that among autos on the road the Porsche 914 is one butt ugly auto. In an effort to reconcile the disparity between the handling properties and the aeordynamics we here at Scari.Org have merged our crafts to bring the Rankle 914.2 into being. '

After what they did, they still have the gall to call a stock 914 "butt ugly"? wacko.gif

Degustibus non est disuptandem blink.gif
mightyohm
I'm with Demick. There are certain features about it that are cool.

The body looks interesting with the trunk chopped off like that.
mskala
Front is terrible; somebody said Fiero and this looks like it, but
worse.

Like the back concept; would be cool if done more professionally.
Scott Carlberg
A Rankle/Porsche 914.3 is presently underway.

NO, PLEASE DON'T!
spare time toys
Looks like that red one that was EBAY kind of looks like a 911 remember w00t.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
GTeener
chairfall.gif "the 914 Rankle is a road machine designed to suck on asphault."
xsboost90
is that a wing made of a rock deflector?
Hawktel
Hey the Front bumper treatment does have some possibilities, What if you cun it open and mounted your radiators out front in that, you could leave your complete front trunk alone it looks like.

Course anyone even taps the front, your getting a new radiator setup.

Could work though.

Kargeek
Gotta like those heat dissipating extruded rocker panels! Horizional heat sinks! The front bumper reminds me of a Disneyland bumper car! He gets an “A” for creativity and an “F” for bad taste. DH
mattillac
QUOTE (mskala @ Jul 1 2005, 07:41 AM)
Front is terrible; somebody said Fiero and this looks like it, but
worse.

Like the back concept; would be cool if done more professionally.

the ass end is kinda cool. interesting mufflers. the rest does make me sick though.

stromberg.gif
Maltese Falcon
This is the elusive 914 designed by the IDP (insane design posse)- complete with ground defects. The meaning of "Fresh sheet of paper" design doesn't fly here.
When the hack job started to look like caca...starting over would have been essential . Continuing to hack during its buildup , it is obvious that it progressed into a hefty hunk of steaming green manure.
M falcon- scared
Eric Taylor
Intersting to see that this car has a website. I recently saw this car in person and have to say it's deffinatly a personal taste. I don't care much for the rear end at all, but that front end was pretty cool I have to admit. The guy who made the car is pretty good with glass and said that the front on this car was his first test, and I saw the second one and the workmanship was much better. The rear ened, we'll I don't like it, kinda looks like a firebird if you ask me, but to each his own I suppose. Oh this car was put together by a club members friend by the way. The club member is goose2 or Randy if you've ever ment him. Really nice guy with a root works six, maybe he will speak up about this car a little bit.
Eric
Dead Air
lol2.gif lol2.gif I can't quote them all!!

You guys crack me UP!,, I'm serious
Hydra
i kinda like the chopped rear end reminds me of the lancia stratos rallye car.....
as for the rest of the car.... i agree with the majority icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.