Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identification help - are these 914-6 GT seat rails?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Psw1811
I think these are Scheel seat rails for a 914-6 GT? I bought them in a job lot of 914-6 parts. I found a few pictures on the net but all appear slightly different! One set appears to be nos but could be reproduction - however I cannot find a source for these! The other set are used and slightly different. I’m looking to sell so any thoughts on Originality or a fair price would be much appreciated.
Psw1811
I think these are Scheel seat rails for a 914-6 GT? I bought them in a job lot of 914-6 parts. I found a few pictures on the net but all appear slightly different! One set appears to be nos but could be reproduction - however I cannot find a source for these! The other set are used and slightly different. I’m looking to sell so any thoughts on Originality or a fair price would be much appreciated.
Psw1811
Psw1811
Psw1811
live free & drive
In my opinion they are all reproductions.

The one with the crude locking lever (with Dykem still on it from fabrication) may have original slides that were modified (you can tell by the stamped raised bosses, although this can also be faked, but unlikely as they would have made a less crude locking lever if they went to that trouble.)

The one with the better looking locking lever is all reproduction, but decently done.

It's not that hard to find this from info on the net.
Psw1811
Maybe the photos are deceiving - I think the lever has been reattached or moved to adapt them to GT spec - but the lever is not crude or does not have dyken on it, I’m sure these are genuine Scheel but maybe adaptions from another fitment. The second set appear identical to the Raredrive inc reproductions, I just have no idea what a altered set and an exceptionally good reproduction set could be worth
mepstein
Glenn might know.
@GMS
Biggles
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 26 2019, 10:34 AM) *

Glenn might know.
@GMS

Arrmando Serrano certinly would. Have a look at this:

https://pbase.com/9146gt/factory_oem_9146gt_parts_seat_rails
sixnotfour
The pair with the V shape runner are repos, I have them in my GT,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.