Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche clock face watches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelmoo
I remember in the late 80’s early 90’s seeing an ad for watches that looked like the clocks in either a 356, 911, or 911 C2/4. Does anyone remember this? It was in Panorama I think. Does anyone have any old Panorama that they could look in?

Thanks,
Michael
Jeroen
check http://www.porsche-design.com
michaelmoo
These weren't be Porsche Design. They looked just like the clocks in the dash of the 911 or the 914.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (michaelmoo @ Jul 1 2005, 07:06 AM)
Does anyone remember this?

yes.
Does anyone have any old Panorama that they could look in?
before i go wandering aimlessly through my stash of back issues, what exactly is it you want to know?

IIRC, they were in R&T, too.
michaelmoo
I wanted to to know the company name. Hoping they are still around. I have been looking for one of these and thought "yeh. Someone in the club will know what I'm talking about!".

Road and Track. I also remember seeing it there also. I think they also had them for other car makes (BMW, Vettes, etc).

Thanks.
bd1308
my brother used to get road N track in the 90s...i'll look though them tonight.
VegasRacer
Do you mean like this? cool.gif
Motochron.
ArtechnikA
nothing that new...

i remember the ads, they were typically a page-height full column. they looked like a VDO Speedo or tach - strictly retro (digital watches were very new & pricey in the late '70s - i recall a red-LED Pulsar -- the kind of watch you'd find in Crackerjack now - minus the gold case, of course - being about $2000 which was a LOT of money for a watch in 1975...

i looked through a stack of R&T i happened to find from that era, and a handful of early 80's Pano's without finding it - no time for more research today...
spare time toys
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jul 1 2005, 01:21 PM)
- being about $2000 which was a LOT of money for a watch in 1975...

News Flash its still alot of money for a watch wacko.gif . Ill put my $10 Wally World sale watch up against one of them any day for keeping time and still have enough left over to take a nice trip on.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 1 2005, 04:33 PM)
its still alot of money for a watch...

not saying it isn't :-) ...

but that was like Rolex money then ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.