Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Early Drivers Seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
gcrotvik
Looking for a nice early drivers seat for my 70 914. Prefer black but it will get recovered so any color will do.

Thanks,

Greg
bdstone914
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Oct 26 2019, 12:57 PM) *

Looking for a nice early drivers seat for my 70 914. Prefer black but it will get recovered so any color will do.

Thanks,

Greg

Other than the fabric I think all drivers seats are the same.
I do not have any. If you are going to recover it just get one with good bolster foam.
Bruce
914werke
agree.gif
Theres gotta be someone in OR that has a good core, otherwise I have a GROSS of them
wacko.gif
Garland
Early seats 70 are narrower on the left bolster, for the handbrake. But I’ve only seen that seat in a 70.
mepstein
QUOTE(Garland @ Oct 26 2019, 07:31 PM) *

Early seats 70 are narrower on the left bolster, for the handbrake. But I’ve only seen that seat in a 70.

I thought it was on all the folding handbrake years. I’ll check my 70 & 71’s tomorrow.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 26 2019, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Garland @ Oct 26 2019, 07:31 PM) *

I thought it was on all the folding handbrake years. I’ll check my 70 & 71’s tomorrow.

All drivers seats have that narrowed area from what I have seen in my years of parting cars.
914werke
Its the foam on the L. Side of the drivers seat that is scalloped out to make room for the hand brake. All MY
mepstein
I agree that they all have it. I just think I noticed the early ones are carved out more than the later ones. Not a lot and certainly easily duplicated.
Garland
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 26 2019, 08:44 PM) *

I agree that they all have it. I just think I noticed the early ones are carved out more than the later ones. Not a lot and certainly easily duplicated.

agree.gif
gcrotvik
Thank you all for your comments and guidance!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.