Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can fog lights go in after front bumper or...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
The AZ carnhas fog light assemblies ready to go in but first time dealing with these and not sure if I can readily fit them with the front bumper on. Don’t think so but wanted to ask just in case since don’t be needing to create more work for myself....
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 27 2019, 08:39 AM) *

The AZ carnhas fog light assemblies ready to go in but first time dealing with these and not sure if I can readily fit them with the front bumper on. Don’t think so but wanted to ask just in case since don’t be needing to create more work for myself....

I think for both early and late bumper cars the bumper has to come off, but let us know which you are working with and we can give you more specific instructions.
iankarr
Very easy to take the bumper off regardless. Just 4 bolts and the valence screws if needed.
Tdskip
Thnaks gentlemen, will just pulll it.

It is a ‘74 for whatever that is worth.

Thanks!
Spoke
I just removed the bumper on my '71 to mess with the foglights. I used a drywall-type 5 gal bucket to hold the one side up as I removed the final 2 bolts on the other side.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Spoke @ Oct 27 2019, 12:04 PM) *

I just removed the bumper on my '71 to mess with the foglights. I used a drywall-type 5 gal bucket to hold the one side up as I removed the final 2 bolts on the other side.

Good tip @Spoke , thanks.
raynekat
Bungee cords will also work to hold up one end of the bumper.
mepstein
You can also replace the bolts with threaded studs to make installation easy.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 27 2019, 12:59 PM) *

agree.gif That's what I did. Piece of cake to take it on/off.
Tdskip
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Oct 27 2019, 04:45 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 27 2019, 12:59 PM) *

agree.gif That's what I did. Piece of cake to take it on/off.

Clever idea!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.