Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this relay for?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Have owned this car ('74 1.8) for many years, but never knew what this relay did. Is it only for starting purpose or does it do anything on how the car runs?
Thanks for the replies.
EdClick to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
That's your 'dual relay'. Only found on L-Jet cars like your 74 1.8L. Its part of your fuel injection system. That thick red with black casing cable going to it supplies direct battery power to your FI system.
ClayPerrine
agree.gif

But the fact that I can only see one fuel line coming out of the engine shelf means you have carbs. So you don't really need that relay, unless someone wired it up to run the fuel pump.

EJP914
Thanks for the info. FI is long gone. Will check if wired to fuel pump, but I don't think so.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 28 2019, 08:50 AM) *

agree.gif

But the fact that I can only see one fuel line coming out of the engine shelf means you have carbs. So you don't really need that relay, unless someone wired it up to run the fuel pump.

Goodness gracious ! Clay you and Jeff are awsome. Unbelievable depth of
knowledge.
brcacti
Thanks Clay and Jeff, I (brcacti) ALSO was wondering what that relay was for, I do have FI so its important for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.