Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Leak Found!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
I found my bad oil leak. On the right side of the engine, where the hard line goes into the case... it's seeping pretty bad.

Is there a gasket or o-ring where the hard-line mates with the case?

-Rusty
Mike9142.0
Is the fitting loose in the case? I think it has a copper washer under it, I have seen the fitting loosen up before.
Lawrence
No, it seems tight, but weeps enough oil to cause small drips.

I looked at the 914/6 oil circuit on the PET, but didn't find anything listed there for a gasket or o-ring.

-Rusty
Lawrence
I got the info I needed from Cap'n Crusty... so in case anyone is interested:

The hard line mates to a fitting that mates to the engine case itself.

There is an aluminum washer (or sealing ring), p/n 900.123.011.20, that fits between the hard line and the case fitting.

You need two special oil line wrenches to get it apart (which I don't have). The Cap'n also recommended replacing the oil return tube nearest that point, because it'll make the job easier to get that out of the way. (The oil return tubes are original non-collapsible units, and are holding oil just fine - that irks me.) headbang.gif

I don't have heat exchangers anymore, so it will make the job easier. I'm going to order the stuff I need today.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.