Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Positive battery wire NEW?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
Hello mechanics and ALL. Someone hinted I probably should buy a new battery cable because of intermittent starting. I have already sanded the ground connection and am now putting on a new trans/ body braided ground strap. MY QUESTION; Do I need to buy a special porsche positive battery wire or just any from the FLAPS?
wes
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 29 2019, 12:12 PM) *

Hello mechanics and ALL. Someone hinted I probably should buy a new battery cable because of intermittent starting. I have already sanded the ground connection and am now putting on a new trans/ body braided ground strap. MY QUESTION; Do I need to buy a special porsche positive battery wire or just any from the FLAPS?

I bought mine from one of the members here who I believe made them.
914 RZ-1
I bought one at my FLAPS. Works just fine.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the terminal end is a bit different and the length is certain but beyond that the cable from the auto parts store will work, original is black though NOT red (which it should be for positive!)
ClayPerrine
I use a braided battery ground cable on all of our 914s.

Looks like the chassis ground strap on the trans, but with a battery cable end on it.

Mikey914
I can do you one up with the correct terminal block on Monday.
It looks like this
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/b...tive-terminal-1

Should be under $50 with the correct block and correct longer length.
IronHillRestorations
If you are talking about the long B+ lead from the battery to the starter, you can use a 6 foot #4 battery cable, and as already posted, it should be black to look right.

The original cable has a 90* battery terminal, with the tap block clamp bolt, like 914rubber reproduces.

9 out of 10 times the red chassis harness leads have non stock ring terminals and are secured to the positive terminal on the clamp bolt.
Morrie
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 30 2019, 06:16 PM) *

I can do you one up with the correct terminal block on Monday.
It looks like this
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/b...tive-terminal-1

Should be under $50 with the correct block and correct longer length.

I just can't visualize how this part attaches to the positive terminal. I have a functional but cruddy positive term clamp. No issues but would be nice to have something that looks tidier, and probably would work better too.

Anybody have a picture of how that positive terminal is supposed to look?
Mikey914
I can post tomorrow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.