914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Think so but hoping for confirmation...

Thanks gentlemen.

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
jcd914
I only see 5 screws/bolts holding the wheel to the hub.
Momo steering wheels have 6 screws/bolts.

Jim

Tdskip
@JCD914 - thanks for the response.

Any ideas on what it is?

EDIT - looks like it may be a Grant wheel but not sure what the hub is behind it.

jcd914
I have a Grant wheel and a couple Grant hubs (for Audi) that are all 5 bolt.

I would guess there are other brands that use 5 bolts.

The wheel usually will have a brand marked on it, maybe on the back.

Jim
sixnotfour
5 bolt Grant, grant spacer and stock 914 wheel hub..
Tdskip
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 30 2019, 02:19 PM) *

5 bolt Grant, grant spacer and stock 914 wheel hub..

@sixnotfour and @jcd914 - thank you both.

This wheel is a bit too small for my tastes, so good to know what I've got here so I can tweak the set up from there.
ClayPerrine
I actually like the stock sized wheel. It doesn't require an adapter, and it feels right to me.

Tdskip
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 30 2019, 02:31 PM) *

I actually like the stock sized wheel. It doesn't require an adapter, and it feels right to me.

Think I am heading that way too....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 30 2019, 02:35 PM) *

I took off and sold the Momo wheel on Elwood that the DAPO (Hi Rusty wavey.gif) put on it and replaced it with a wheel I already had. The funny part is the wheel that was in Frody was from a 1970, and it had the screw holes for the 914/6 cancel cam. So Frody got the newly recovered wheel, and Elwood got the one with some patina from a couple years of driving.
mepstein
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 30 2019, 03:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 30 2019, 02:35 PM) *

I took off and sold the Momo wheel on Elwood that the DAPO (Hi Rusty wavey.gif) put on it and replaced it with a wheel I already had. The funny part is the wheel that was in Frody was from a 1970, and it had the screw holes for the 914/6 cancel cam. So Frody got the newly recovered wheel, and Elwood got the one with some patina from a couple years of driving.

yes, the early 4 wheels are identical to the 6 wheels except for the part number.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.