Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still intermittent starting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brcacti
Hello, I sanded the battery ground connections, replaced trans/body braided strap, sanded coil and starter solenoid connections and positive battery connections. What would be my next thing to do? Also when I put the solenoid cables back on does it matter in which order I put the black, red and white in that order.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(brcacti @ Oct 31 2019, 05:32 PM) *

Hello, I sanded the battery ground connections, replaced trans/body braided strap, sanded coil and starter solenoid connections and positive battery connections. What would be my next thing to do? Also when I put the solenoid cables back on does it matter in which order I put the black, red and white in that order.

Not sure what you're asking here??
The starter solenoid only has two wires, big black to the + battery and the yellow wire.
Or are you talking about the battery connections?
Or ???? confused24.gif
brcacti
[quote name='Mark Henry' date='Nov 2 2019, 07:51 AM' post='2758909']
[quote name='brcacti' post='2758577' date='Oct 31 2019, 05:32 PM']
[/quote]

Not sure what you're asking here??
The starter solenoid only has two wires, big black to the + battery and the yellow wire.
Or are you talking about the battery connections?
Or ???? confused24.gif
[/quote
well I have sanded connections, ground and others and still have intermittent starting was wondering what would be next to try? Will sand these relay connections today alsoClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Also found a volkswagen mechanic to put a ford solenoid on my car coming up
Mark Henry
That's not stock '74 914 1.8.

what is it powering?
Is that a relay to the starter like the bosch relay or Ford solenoid relay?
brcacti
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 2 2019, 08:40 AM) *

That's not stock '74 914 1.8.

what is it powering?
Is that a relay to the starter like the bosch relay or Ford solenoid relay?

MARK HENRY..........that's what I was going to ask YOU hehe smile.gif, yes I think it is. Someone on here said it was an after market relay, the yellow and one white wire are soldered in the big black (hot wire?) is bolted with 9/16ths and with 1/4 inch nut one white wire, I took off and sanded. If you touch the white wire to the big thick wire the starter turns, if ignition switch is on the car starts, jump start. The car still does not usually start but I turned the key on and jumped those two connections with screwdriver and it started right up. My question; is the ignition switch bad?Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.